Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New firmware with built in Torrent Client

ittroll
Apprentice

Rif.: New firmware with built in Torrent Client

Thanks for the continued work and updates. Just switched by fibre from BT to TalkTalk and the latest version is working well. Why must ISPs insist on sending me a free crappy router?

Message 1226 of 1,478
kamilosz
Aspirant

Hi everyone,

I tried this one and the latest from without success.

I have VDSL2 service from Netia ISP.

When I was trying DSL is UP without any problems, but ppp is down, telling connecting repeatly.

My ISP says that I need to pass propper VPI,VCI and VLAN settings. I'm not sure how to do it, or it is a main problem.

When I used it as router connected to the external ISP`s modem ppp (pppoe) works ! otherwise as modem+router not.

Ppp in debug mode says nothing. I observed only sending packets PADI as I remember without any incoming packets.

Maybe there was something with unique_device settings.

Is it possible to pass My settings to the configuration:

VPI 8

VCI 35

VLAN 35

Regards

Kamil

I use DGND3700V1 Annex A

Message 1227 of 1,478
w3wilkes
Prodigy

A couple of things to look at. For my VDSL2 connection;

Advanced tab -> Setup -> ADSL Settings -> Transfer Mode = PTM

This same page also has your VPI, VCI and VLANID settings.

Be sure to check the box on the left of "Use VLANID"

Good luck.

Message 1228 of 1,478
kamilosz
Aspirant

Hi,

but the place to type VPI, VCI I have grayed out, except VLAN ID when I tap use it

Kamil

Message 1229 of 1,478
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Try setting the transfer mode to ATM then enter your VPI and VCI. Normally VDSL2 uses PTM transfer mode which doesn't use VPI and VCI. I find it odd that your ISP gave you settings for those on a VDSL2 connection.

Message 1230 of 1,478
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Found this for configuring a Fritzbox for Netia VDSL2. It shows VPI and VCI greyed out.

http://pomoc.fritzbox.pl/knowledgebase.php?article=13

Message 1231 of 1,478
ascorp
Aspirant

I have problem, if restar router me all settings of transmision is deflaut, all media sharing off (deflaut).

Message 1232 of 1,478
kamilosz
Aspirant

Hi,

thanks it helps.

I've set all attribs in ADSL and then changed to VDSL.

VPI 8

VCI 35

VLAN 35

Message 1233 of 1,478
cedie
Aspirant

Hi Richud,

Is there any possibility to add ATM qos in your firmware as my isp told me to specify a PCR of 6144  or probably set it  as hook like in pure L2 bridging config.

Thanks,

cedie

Message 1234 of 1,478
typhoon1944
Aspirant

Re: New firmware with built in Torrent Client

Hi,

I sent a message on the wiki page but I'm not sure if this is maybe a more active forum.  I have flashed the latest available firmware from the wiki page and I was evetually told it flashed successfully, although it took approximately 10 minutes.  Unfornately now whenever I try to make a change to the router the web browser goes blank after a second or 2 and there is no change to the status lights regardless of how long I leave it but when I go back into the web admin, no changes have applied.  I thought perhaps there had been an issue with the original flashing process so I have tried several times to reflash it but when the file is uploaded I get the status bar for a couple of seconds then the screen goes blank again with the sad face icon and a message saying no information has been sent (or something like that).  

I really need to get this working with my Sky fibre as I am paying for a 40mbit service but only getting 22 - 25 on wifi (38 on ethernet but cables aren't practical due to the layout of the house).  Sky have sent a second router out and it is doing the same.  A search of Google has suggested this is a known limitation of the SR102 router due to the placement of the antenna and the shielding used.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1235 of 1,478
w3wilkes
Prodigy

When you flash the DGND3700 are you ethernet attached? What browser are you using? I've had trouble with router settings using Internet Explorer, but have found Chrome to be reliable.

Message 1236 of 1,478
typhoon1944
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. Yes, attached using an Ethernet cable which has been replaced with 2 others. Chrome is my default browser but also tried IE. As soon as I try to commit any changes the browser loses all connectivity to the router (although the router is still active and the icon remains active in the taskbar). There's no activity on the status lights to say that any changes are being written and the router doesn't reboot like it's supposed to.
Message 1237 of 1,478
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Message 1238 of 1,478
typhoon1944
Aspirant

Several times. It was working OK before I flashed the custom ROM but afterwards it was taking more than 15 seconds to move between settings which is why I thought there had been an issue with the flashing procedure. I did a factory reset and at least I was able to add my sky fibre username and password but it's back to taking ages to move between screens, not allowing me to make any changes and I can't flash the stock firmware or reflash the custom one.
Message 1239 of 1,478
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Don't think it really has anything to do with Sky. When you're setting it up do you have the DGND3700 connected to the internet? I would try setting it up without being connected to the internet and also not having the PC connected to the internet. Other than that I'm out of ideas. I've not seen a problem like this.

Message 1240 of 1,478
typhoon1944
Aspirant

Nothing's connected to the internet yet as the settings I'm trying to apply don't save.
Message 1241 of 1,478
w3wilkes
Prodigy

The PC you're using to attampt to configure the DGND3700 is not connected to the internet, just to the DGND3700?

Message 1242 of 1,478
typhoon1944
Aspirant

That's right. WiFi is turned off on the laptop it's connected to the router using Ethernet and I can browse to the admin console and move around the various settings but when something has changed and I try to apply it the browser goes blank, nothing happens on the router and when eventually close and reopen the browser (or refresh) it goes back to the basic netgear genie settings screen and none of the changes have saved. I would try to reflash the official firmware or reinstall the custom one but it's the same story with the browser going blank until Chrome is restarted or refreshed.
Message 1243 of 1,478
ittroll
Apprentice

Do you have any Internet Security software installed that could be interfering with the new Genie interface? I guess you were running the old firmware with the original interface previously?

Message 1244 of 1,478
typhoon1944
Aspirant

It was but I never really used it. Previously when I lived in Wales I was with BT getting 70 meg through the BT home hub and an openreach modem. The netgear did work sort of but had issues with the infrastructure and one BT had sent an engineer out it was just easier to stick with the BT hardware as the speed was acceptable. When I moved back to Scotland and got with my partner she was on standard Sky. We upgraded to Sky Fibre a couple of months ago but really haven't been happy with the WiFi speed as it's not much faster than before we upgraded (I'm convinced it was the same 22 - 25 that we're getting now but someone has mentioned that adsl WiFi speeds are max 16 meg). We were initially advised that we'd be getting an additional box sent out but this never materialised and when there was no significant increase in speed we queried with Sky and were told that the SR102 was fibre ready so we didn't need the additional hardware. Before I installed the custom firmware I had tried connecting the netgear to an old BT openreach modem (same setup that worked with BT) but it didn't work and after lots of Googling I found this firmware. A friend from work gave me the old style sky router and when that's plugged into the openreach modem I get 33 - 36 meg on WiFi. As far as I'm aware though, this will have a username and password assigned to him so I don't know if I can use it on a permanent basis. Even if I could at least revert the netgear back to stock firmware and confirm that the changes I'm making are being saved I can try reflashing the custom one in case I messed it up first time round last night.
Message 1245 of 1,478
w3wilkes
Prodigy

I'm going to go out on a limb here... Try completely uninstalling the AV and anti-malware, then uninstall Chrome and then install Chrome fresh. Then try and see if you still have a problem accessing the DGND3700.

Message 1246 of 1,478
Aircomms
Aspirant

Sounds like a bad flashing to me - I would reflash to stock then to the lastest firmware to resolve that issue.

Message 1247 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

sorry not been looking at forum for a while... @yonesmit: yeah sort of the function controlling the firewall seems to be mostly agApi_fwFilterList You can fiddle with it using the foxconn cli front end, some notes here. http://www.richud.com/wiki/DGND3700_V1_Transmission_Firmware_Foxconn_CLI I dont have any code to do it as never worked it all out...if you code something I will happily include it! @frankfre: re disk space, interesting, presume a new busybox bug, ill look into it... @cedie: chipset does at least, 'xtmctl operate tdte' is what controls it, ~ # xtmctl operate tdte --show index type pcr scr mbs mcr 1 ubr 0 0 0 0 2 ubr 0 0 0 0 @typhoon1944: suggest you use a live boot cd (ubuntu for example) and it will rule out any OS related issues.
Message 1248 of 1,478
typhoon1944
Aspirant

Looks like a bad flash. Not sure why but when I hooked it up to my work laptop it allowed me to reflash stock and then load the custom firmware again. It seemed to go a lot smoother this time around. However, although I can enter my sky username and password that I got from wireshark, when I hit apply it will go through the whole updating process this time (as opposed to the browser going blank after a couple of seconds) it will automatically reload the config page which it wasn't doing before but it appears the changes still aren't saving as the username and password boxes are blank. Unless, are they supposed to be blank or should the details I put in there be persistent until they're changed again?
Message 1249 of 1,478
typhoon1944
Aspirant

Update to the previous post. It is now saving all other changes except the username and password and on the wiki where it lists the various FTTC settings for different ISPs it mentions DHCP option 61 and that it has to be saved as a hex string. Where do I find out how to do this and assuming that is the problem and the router is configured correctly how do I connect it to the wall port? 1. Phone line into the white BT Openreach modem then Ethernet to WAN port in the DGND 3700. 2. bypass the openreach hardware and connect the phone line to the port labelled ADSL 3. Phone line into the WAN port despite it being an RJ11 plug and RJ45 socket.
Message 1250 of 1,478
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7