Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New firmware with built in Torrent Client

Malpd
Aspirant

Re: New firmware with built in Torrent Client

No worry's i've had a busy week aswell 😛 next couple of days ill try some more and let you know
Message 126 of 1,478
Malpd
Aspirant

i went ahed and tested something now, instead of using the form from the web interface i edited by hand automatic.settings rpc-port = xxxxx use-transmission = "yes" start-torrents = "yes" prowl-apikey = "" rpc-auth = "user:psw" interval = xx torrent-folder = "/xxx/xxx/transmissionbt/torrents" statefile = "/xxx/xxx/transmissionbt/automatic.state" and automatic.data feed = { url1 => "http://xxx.xxx.com" } filter = { pattern1 => ".*" } works like a charm now
Message 127 of 1,478
Malpd
Aspirant

i guess the bug its in how the web interface fills those two files (once i filled them by hand i see them correctly in the web interface). also works with more than one feed/pattern (have 3 atm) note: when i say "by hand" i mean i navigated to the file directory and edited it with text editor)
Message 128 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

@Malpd, I think I found the problem, there is a 512 byte post limit, if it exceeds that it chops off, then the quotes are broken and hence it breaks. I will just have to chop the form up into separate sections so no major problem.

@ProjectVRD, please get back to me if you got Sky Fibre working with udhcpc (or anyone else if you have) it is hopefully not too much work to create a web interface for it if so.
Message 129 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

Malpd - I pm'd you a link to new firmware with fixed Automatic, are you ok to test it? cheers.
Message 130 of 1,478
sbm
Aspirant
Aspirant

sbm wrote:
Can someone please respond to this , this is very annoying bug.
@richud can you modd the firmware DGND3700-V1.0.0.20_1.0.20_Static_PPA.chk , this is by far the best and most stable to me.

@richud pls look my post thanks
Message 131 of 1,478
1Bit
Guide

sorry to butt in... but does NTFS driver really crash the router? if so why do they have it? just ive just got this router today (v2) and it crashes when I enabled DNLA on it with my USB drive connected - constantly reboots until I disconnect the USB drive - if I leave ReadyShare on and DNLA off the USB works fine...thing is I need DLNA!!

any help appreciated
Message 132 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

@sbm, Netgear haven't released the source code for .20, so unfortunately nope, unless you can get it off them. pppd usually fails as you describe if the kernel had an 'Oops', example dump on my wiki, check output from dmesg to see, suggest leave it on timeout 0. (It usually needs a few line drops or CPU overload to fail in this way) @1Bit, miniDLNA and the NTFS driver(running in userspace via Fuse) both need a lot of cpu when working [especially in the original firmware as minidlna is not set running with a low priority], and the combination makes the router fall-over. If you keep replugging it, eventually the sqlite database minidlna produces may eventually get populated with all your stuff - or start with no stuff and copy it onto it slowly enough it doesn't crap out.
Message 133 of 1,478
1Bit
Guide

thanks for your reply Richud 🙂
Message 134 of 1,478
gatto012
Aspirant

Hi, i just registered to Netgear Forum to say many THANKS to you! for ur great work!

i don't know if u worked only for modem adsl settings and transmission features, or for others fix too, but my router never been so stable like now!

THANKS AGAIN 😄
Message 135 of 1,478
MikeMCS
Aspirant

Same here!!
Message 136 of 1,478

Thanks for the superb work!

Is there any chance that VLAN tagging support (802.11q) could be added to this? I can't use this with my fibre connection due to that... 😞
Message 137 of 1,478
sappolo
Aspirant

Hi, I have installed this FW version and it works perfect. Congratulations for your hard work. The FW, however, does not show the USB settings anymore, hence it is impossible to set the readyshare USB HD I have attached to the router and allow the remote access (from outside my LAN, using a no-ip address). Would it be possible to have it back? Thanks in advance for your very valuable work.
Message 138 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

Thanks for the thanks!

@mediocaballero: I think that relies on a feature of the broadcom chipset for the tagging, not sure it is possible with BCM6368 ? If it is possible and you can work out how to do it, I can (probably) build it in to the firmware. (Even if I could work it out, I have no way to test it)

@sappolo: I had to nuke the interfaces that would no longer work when things were updated. Sadly Netgear don't release the source code for the web interface so I cannot simply change things on it.

What I will try and do is enable SFTP over internet (akin to secure FTP, but uses SSH). This is secure/encrypted and would let you mount it as a drive on a remote machine, or access via something like Filezilla.
Message 139 of 1,478
chittu
Aspirant

richud wrote:

What I will try and do is enable SFTP over internet (akin to secure FTP, but uses SSH). This is secure/encrypted and would let you mount it as a drive on a remote machine, or access via something like Filezilla.

This is what I am exactly looking for, atm I can ssh router only on intranet. But it's really great and necessary if I can ssh the router via internet thereby I can access my usb drive over internet. thanks richud
Message 140 of 1,478
macinmac
Aspirant

@richud

First of all, thank you. I am gonna tell you why too.. I am not using transmission or any torrents with your great firmware..but.. Since I bought this device installing the latest firmware from netgear V1.0.0.17_1.0.17 I could not even connect to the adsl line..called netgear and went with an beta, quite good.
But I gave it a try even when I knew your firmware was based on this faulty firmware for me( italy adsl line), and I have to say that you made some great major work in there, it is working super good!!!
With that I will keep your firmware on my router because I have no drop connection, no nothing! Works perfect.

For the future, if I may, I would love to see even more improvements on on making this router even better than it is now, and see even more stability or any kind of options in it's menu just to improve our browsing and everything on web.

Thank you very much.
Valentino.
Message 141 of 1,478
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Richud, Still great firmware! THANKS!

Question and a couple observations.

When I go to the advanced DSL settings and change the SNR margin and apply it shows +0 (Default). How do I determine if it actually applied the SNR Margin I selected?

Advanced DSL page has "ADSL Profile" and "ADSL State" buttons. I've only seen these work once where it shows the results in the UI. I normally have to telnet to the router and do a "cat /tmp/profile_show" and "cat /tmp/dsl_info_file" to see the info.

When some changes are made in the router configuration it "forgets" the DHCP address reservation specified in the Advanced LAN Setup. The router must be rebooted to get the reserved addresses assigned as specified. Is it possible to force the reboot rather than the "wait for changes to be applied"? I don't think a forced reboot would take any longer, especially when you consider that after those changes that cause address reservation to be lost will require a reboot anyway.

Thanks again for the great firmware.
Message 142 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

Hi, thanks for all your support!

Fixes: Automatic URL/Feed parsing
Updates: Very minor, Dropbear to 2013.56, BusyBox to 1.21.1
Added: sftp-server (from OpenSSH) to allow SFTP via Dropbear
Dropbear now logs to syslog
Enable Dropbear(SSH/SFTP) access from WAN through firewall

https://mega.co.nz/#!dJgQQIYL!aVC90yqAL5K_a5xPA4FNtEpIZt5VMe5G_n7amFmTmdo
Message 143 of 1,478
chittu
Aspirant

Thanks for great effort; richud, but I can get ssh working over WAN :(, could anyone please check if this works?
Message 144 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

chittu, definitely works, please look in syslog , you should see a message something like this Oct 13 12:02:21 (none) authpriv.info dropbear[1570]: Child connection from xx.xxx.xx.xx:55391 Oct 13 12:02:28 (none) authpriv.notice dropbear[1570]: Password auth succeeded for 'admin' from xx.xxx.xx.xx:55391 Oct 13 12:02:42 (none) authpriv.info dropbear[1570]: Exit (admin): Disconnect received
Message 145 of 1,478
Devor
Luminary

chittu, please read this here.
Message 146 of 1,478
Malpd
Aspirant

i tired to connect to ftp://xxx.xxx.xx.xx:22 but it wouldnt load so i closed it then went to read syslog and got this

Oct 14 12:36:15 (none) user.notice watch.sh: DEBUG(0) dropbear#fwopen
Oct 14 12:36:21 (none) user.notice watch.sh: DEBUG(0) ReadySHARE
Oct 14 12:37:57 (none) daemon.info udhcpd[441]: Found static lease: c0a8000a
Oct 14 12:45:51 (none) user.notice watch.sh: DEBUG(0) dropbear#enable
Oct 14 12:46:14 (none) user.notice watch.sh: DEBUG(0) dropbear#start
Oct 14 12:46:15 (none) authpriv.warn dropbear[1795]: Failed reading '/etc/dropbear/dropbear_dss_host_key', disabling DSS
Oct 14 12:46:15 (none) authpriv.info dropbear[1799]: Running in background
Oct 14 12:46:37 (none) authpriv.info dropbear[1884]: Child connection from xxx.xxx.xx.xx:51889
Oct 14 12:47:08 (none) authpriv.info dropbear[1884]: Exit before auth: Exited normally
Message 147 of 1,478
Malpd
Aspirant

I tried again with a ssh client (putty) and it works fine
Message 148 of 1,478
Malpd
Aspirant

also works fine with my android phone (using solid explorer as file manager)
Message 149 of 1,478
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Using the current firmware (10121522) is mostly okay. The problem with SNR not showing has been fixed, thanks!

A couple of problems.

In Win7 when you go to Control Panel - Network and Sharing Center and attempt to "See full map" of your network, it always returns "An error happened during the mapping process".

When almost any setting in the router is changed, the router "forgets" all address reservations set in Advanced - LAN Setup - Address Reservation. The settings stay, but they are no longer honored. The router must be power cycled to reestablish the address reservations.

Thanks again for this firmware!
Message 150 of 1,478
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7