Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NightHawk D7800 QOS set up questions

GLO
Tutor
Tutor

NightHawk D7800 QOS set up questions

Hi,

I am having a few hiccups with my QOS enabling on my NightHawk D7800 (Firmware V1.0.1.16)

I will list them as points as there are a few individual but related questions. If you can answer a particular point that would be great.

Thanks heaps!

1. Will automatic QOS allow Netflix Video streaming to happily co-exist with Online Gaming? This is my daily challenge! Or have many of you found it better to disable QOS all together?

2. When logging into the Advanced QOS section, the 'Enable QOS' is unchecked and the APPLY button is dark blue. When I click on the APPLY button it says 'Disabling Manual QoS and Dynamic QoS...'   then it reverts to the same screen with the Enable QOS unchecked again???

Now, if I tick the Enable QoS box, I get a new selection with Dynamic QOS checked. and Manual QOS is unchecked.

However the APPLY Button at the top of the page, as well as Speedtest link and Update Optimization Data Base are greyed out and clicking does nothing.

Shouldnt the later 2 links work? before the APPLY button works?

3. When I select Manual QoS: Manual setup of QoS rules, the APPLY button and SpeedTest link turn purple and can be clicked.

Every time I do the speedtest via the routerlogin.net page i get the error "The Speedtest fails to detect the bandwidth, please check your Internet connection or try again later."

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: NightHawk D7800 QOS set up questions

Hello GlO

Here is a article referring to your first question.

http://kb.netgear.com/23853/How-do-I-optimize-video-streaming-performance-with-downstream-quality-of...

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
GLO
Tutor
Tutor

Hi DarrenM,

Thanks, I have seen that link but that instruction doesnt match the options on the D7800 NightHawk.

Message 3 of 4
GLO
Tutor
Tutor

Hi DarrenM,

Thanks, I have seen that link but that instruction doesnt match the options on the D7800 NightHawk.

The D7800 specific link http://kb.netgear.com/25615/How-do-I-manually-update-the-Dynamic-QoS-database-on-my-Nighthawk-router...

does not work as described.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7