Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AC1900 D700 - On PC network - Disconnects - Parental Control setup up through OpenDns

isppiraeus
Aspirant

Nighthawk AC1900 D700 - On PC network - Disconnects - Parental Control setup up through OpenDns

Hello

I have this product

D7000 – Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/D7000.aspx

I use the router mode. The setup is My ISP's modem/router gives internet through an ethernet cable  to the D7000 which in turn gives internet to a tp-link switch which gives internet through my house wiring to a network of 10 personal computers.

I have set up a parental control mode for the D7000 options which is implemented through an open dns account.

My problem is that i have drops in the internet connection several times a day, The pc's lose internet connection for 3-4 minutes and then the internet is back again working perfectly.

Does anybody have any idea about why this is happening?
Thanks in Advance

AK

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
isppiraeus
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk AC1900 D700 - On PC network - Disconnects - Parental Control setup up through OpenDns

I am also including a printscreen that i get from netgear genie.

Is there any case that the the opendns parental control system interferes somehow with the whole system? 

troubleshooting nighthawk router.png

Message 2 of 6
isppiraeus
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk AC1900 D700 - On PC network - Disconnects - Parental Control setup up through OpenDns

Does anybody from netgear ever look at these community forum posts?

Message 3 of 6
isppiraeus
Aspirant

Nothing has been accepted as a solution, i've been replying to my initial post with extra information. Nobody from netgear has replied or even at least to my concern check the subject at matter.

Message 4 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

So the disconnects only happen when you have the Open DNS setup on the system or have you tested with out the parental controls on and still have the disconnects?

DarrenM

Message 5 of 6
isppiraeus
Aspirant

Hello DarrenM

I've set up Nighthawk initially as a accsess point and worked perfectly with the opendns web filtering and without the connection dropouts.

So it might not be a problem of the opendns setup or at least it might not be only its failure.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7