Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AC1900 D7000v2 can't find bridge mode

DJSteady
Follower

Nighthawk AC1900 D7000v2 can't find bridge mode

I purchased a Nighthawk AC1900 D7000v2 from a retailer and told them it was just for bridge mode

I get to the client and cannot locate the bridge mode

I have tried to contact Netgear but cannot even locate a contact number which is frustrating. The device as been registered with them but every time i try and get support, they keep asking for proof which i upload to them.

Why do i purchase Netgear. 

Message 1 of 4
antinode
Guru

Re: Nighthawk AC1900 D7000v2 can't find bridge mode

> Nighthawk AC1900 D7000v2 [...]

Firmware version?

> I get to the client [...]

Meaning the management web site?

> [...] and cannot locate the bridge mode

"bridge mode" normally means something different in a Netgear router.

Visit http://netgear.com/support , put in your model number, and look
for Documentation.  Get the (error-plagued) User Manual.  Look for "Use
the Modem Router as a DSL Modem Only".

Message 2 of 4

@DJSteady wrote:

I purchased a Nighthawk AC1900 D7000v2 from a retailer and told them it was just for bridge mode

There are at least two things that go under the label "bridge mode". One is as a "wireless repeater", which also goes under the label wireless distribution system (WDS).

The other mode is as a "transparent" bridge that turns a modem/router into a simple router.

Then there is Bridge Mode for IPTV devices.

Buying a modem/router with the aim of using it as a modem only seems strange. Why not just buy a modem? It would be cheaper.

When it comes to a wireless bridge, that's down to the interaction with the other end of the bridge.

So what are you really trying to achieve? Forget about the mode, explain the required result.

Why do i purchase Netgear. 

That's down to you to answer. Perhaps you made the wrong choice. Perhaps the retailer didn't understand what you were trying to do and just picked the first box they could lay hand on. I doubt if there are many network experts out there in places where they sell this sort of stuff.

Message 3 of 4
w3wilkes
Prodigy

The D7000 and D7000v2 can be put in bridge mode as described here;

https://kb.netgear.com/29327/How-to-set-D6220-D7000-to-pure-bridge-or-DSL-modem

Since I've not done this I don't know if you must set up the modem ISP access credentials prior to setting the device mode to modem only or if the ISP access credentials can be provided from the router you intend on using behind the D7000.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7