Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AC2600 D7800 Only detecting Nas as 10mbps

van_man
Aspirant

Nighthawk AC2600 D7800 Only detecting Nas as 10mbps

Hi,

I'm having issues with my AC2600 Nighthawk detecting my NAS (HP N54L) as a gigabit connection. At the moment when it is connected with a LAN cable directly into one of the ports and i go to the statistics screen of the router, it shows that the connection to the NAS is only 10mbps, This is causing serious buffering issues when watching movies etc.

I have tested multiple cables and swithed them with different devices and can eliminate that as a problem, also QoS is turned off.

I have got a work around to get me through until i can fix this properly - currently it works when i have a cable going from the AC2600 to my old router (Billion 7800n) which is in bridge mode, then connect the NAS to the old router which solves the issue, but i want to obviously not have to have to do this

Thanks

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Nighthawk AC2600 D7800 Only detecting Nas as 10mbps

Are you getting a gigabit connection via LAN on other devices?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
van_man
Aspirant

Yes - my PC, Xbox and old modem that I'm bridging to all get a gigabit connection. My TV only registers as 100 mbps but I'm not sure of its ethernet capacity

Message 3 of 4

@van_man wrote:

My TV only registers as 100 mbps but I'm not sure of its ethernet capacity

Many LAN devices use 100 Mbps as their standard. It is only in the past decade that 1000 Mbps has become the standard for routers.

As other things do GB just fine, it sound like your router is working at the designated speed, but the NAS isn't playing ball. I would investigate that as the likely culprit, if you haven't already.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7