yalson
Star

Re: Nighthawk D7000 2.4ghz issue, disconnecting

Version .58 firmware now appears to be being user tested by Netgear
Message 76 of 97
Ronnii71
Guide

I upgraded my firmware last night. Let's see how things go. Haven't really been able to test it yet as I've been at work all day.
Message 77 of 97
tasvo65
Guide

Where is this Version of firmware .58 ? I see only .54 

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 78 of 97
yalson
Star

.58 is in beta at the moment. Netgear has just said that they are working towards this being worked on for general release.
Message 79 of 97
Ronnii71
Guide

I have now gone up tp .54 version. I'm hoping it will be better than before.
Message 80 of 97
ezytalk
Star

I have tried all firmwares right up to .54 and all have had problems - funny how .57 is being bypassed and now we are talking .58....... How come I am still not convinced?
Message 81 of 97
tasvo65
Guide

I have V1.0.1.54  since the beginning of this issue,and the the problem remains at the same frequency

Message 82 of 97

@ezytalk wrote:
funny how .57 is being bypassed and now we are talking .58.......

Check the sequence for any device and you will see that this is true of just about every firmware out there.

It means nothing. Netgear uses those numbers for internal purposes. We only get to see the versions that escape into the real world.

Message 83 of 97
Jrock0305
Aspirant

It's definitely a software issue and Netgear is not going to acknowledge the issue. They'd rather sit on their thumbs and sell you a new router. Which if the issue isn't fixed soon, I will never buy a Netgear product again.
Message 84 of 97
ezytalk
Star

How can anyone from outside of Netgear Technical say that it's "definately" a software issue?? What skullduggery are you trying to acheive??? When Netgear themselves will not advise their customers of the problems with this model???? How do you know???? Stall waiting for an answer NETGEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 85 of 97

wrote:
It's definitely a software issue and Netgear is not going to acknowledge the issue.

Life is more complicated than that.

Netgear can fix it – it has even acknowledged the issue – but it only do this by mending damage done by someone else.

The same thing is happening all over the place as people like Microsoft try to clean up the mess that Intel has inflicted on the world.

Microsoft issues emergency Windows update to disable Intel's shoddy Spectre variant 2 mitigation

The only way that you can confirm that this is 100 per cent down to Netgear is to disable and remove all Chrome stuff from your Android devices and network. For some reason, while this has worked for some users, many people who insist that Netgear is the sole culprit have a strange reluctance to try that experiment. Perhaps they don't want facts to get in the way of their cherished beliefs.

Message 86 of 97
ezytalk
Star

Why are we talking about chromecast and android????? I have had 5 replacements in the past 12 months. Putting aside some of you who are obsessed with android connection. I have a stock standard Canon printer that also disengages from the 2.4 wireless and other laptops that stop working..... we can all blame intel... microsoft and all thenother companies that supply technology.... but let us stay focused on this fact........ the wireless is total crap on this model..... it FAILS.... simple really. why would netgear now supply me with 5 (yes count them) 5 replacements. If it was a software issue, it should have fixed by now...... so Netgear, you are very quiet on this matter.... why not just be truthful to your customers????
Message 87 of 97
Tomhurst
Apprentice

Can someone link me to the 62 firmware? 54 is getting on my nerves now with constantly restarting my router
Message 88 of 97
ezytalk
Star

Case850 Case850 Prodigy Prodigy ‎2018-01-30 08:51 AM Re: Nighthawk D7000 2.4ghz issue, disconnecting @ezytalk, I went through and read a history of all your posts. What stands out is your inability to post coherently. You do a lot of complaining and that's about all.............................................................................................................. REPLY - and that is because I am angry..... I have spent my hard earned money on a product that doesn't work. I don't have the answers... only Netgear. The level of support has been terrible in solving my issues... and I am not alone. I simply want a product that works..... so you may think it's complaining, but I believe that it's the only way that Netgear will listen to the customer. No point in personally criticizing me..... and telling me I am not coherent... remember the squeaky wheel always gets the oil!!
Message 89 of 97
ezytalk
Star

Message 90 of 97
Ronnii71
Guide

Downloading the latest upgrade now. Let's see how it goes. Funny thing is, I've had no problems for almost a week now so I hope this keeps up with the new version.
Message 91 of 97
yalson
Star

.64 is now showing as general release firmware.
Message 92 of 97
ezytalk
Star

My story - I have had 5 replacements of this model in the last 14 months, all with the same problem - the 2.4 (and sometimes the 5.8) Wifi stops working. On some occassions, rebooting will fix the issue for a while then stops working again. It can work for minutes or hours then without warning crashes even though the lights on the modem indicate otherwise. So 5 units later and a firmware update to .64, the unit is currently working correctly without dropouts, although I have varying speeds of internet connection which may not be the fault of the modem. Running a business from home is hard enough. But to have your new modem faulty makes running a business even more difficult. For those of you who have the same problem, please seek help from Netgear. I cannot say if the fault is hardware or firmware related. All I know is that Netgear must provide support as this is a common fault with this model. 2 year warranty does not comfort me and I simply don't trust this unit anymore (NBN is only a month away so will wait and swap it out for something better). Even those who have had their modem for over 2 years, our wonderful Australian Consumer Laws means you are covered for this fault and a replacement. Good luck
Model: D7000v1|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 93 of 97
tominwi
Luminary

If it worked perfectly for four months and then stopped working, either you added some gizmo that is confusing it, or you did a firmware update or configuration change, or you have a hardware failure.

Mine has not worked for 4 days much less months! Just came back from walking the dog and found the router with white LEDs on (only) Power, DSL, 5GHz, and the last two. No Internet, 2.4GHz, or even Amber LED for a 100M device hard-wired to port 4. Rebooted and now I am posting here.

Drawn to the D7000 because of the limited number of VDSL modem/routers, I do now truly regret having bought Netgear devices for my new home.

EDIT: Bah, I somehow made this reply to a December post. Oh well; it still applies I suppose.

Message 94 of 97
Spinal_Column
Aspirant

Hey guys, I was having the same problem just now, 2.4Ghz would stop working and couldnt be joined by several devices (macbook, windows 10 PC and iphone) so I turned off "Enable 20/40 MHz Coexistence" in wireles setup and connection resumed. If it keeps happening I'll report back with an update. 

Dave 

Model: D7000v2|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem RouterD7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 95 of 97

Good luck. Did you notice that new firmware for the D7000 arrived this week?

The new firmware was released on 09/04/2018.

D7000 Firmware Version 1.0.1.68 | Answer | NETGEAR Support

That date does not, of course, tie up with the way that this forum uses dates. On that calendar, the new firmware appeared in 04/09/2018. Yesterday.

Message 96 of 97
ezytalk
Star

Hello Everyone - so far I have been using firmware version V1.0.1.66_1.0.1 with some good success. Only thing that has changed is the changeover to NBN (Australia) but the original issues were wifi related so shouldn't make much difference. I have had stable 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz wireless for some time now. Again, after 5 replacements, I cannot determine whether it was hardware or software issues that brought about the problems with this model. Unfortunately, Netgear is not saying either.... so very difficult when Netgear can't or won't advise what the real problem was in the first place. All I can say is if you are having problems, simply upgrade your firmware to the latest version to see if that helps. If that doesn't work, you need to make contact with Netgear.... I also see that there is another new firmware update (Firmware Version 1.0.1.68) - this says it fixes security issues. Not sure what that means as there is not detail (just like the past firmware updates) Good Luck
Model: D7000v1|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 97 of 97
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7