Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk D7000 Dual Bonded?

bbmn
Follower

Nighthawk D7000 Dual Bonded?

I bought this for my CenturyLink DSL but couldn't get it to work because the modem has to be dual bonded. I upgraded from 12 mbps to 40 mbps and the device can no longer connect to the internet.

Message 1 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello bbmn

When your talking about bonded are you getting 2 connections into the house if so the D7000 does not have to DSL connections on it.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6
jkrall
Tutor

Well I don't know about the OP - but I have a D7000 and the same question - Talking dual bonded VDSL - all 2 pairs on one RJ11 - inside and outside pair.... you do not need two RJ11 jacks on the D7000... 

Was issued a sagecom 4320 from windstream - I had to bridge it and use the wan port on the D7000 - kind of pointless IMO - ADSL and VDSL bonded has been around for awhile - Netgear makes TELCO products that support the tech - and many TELCOs are now deploying fiber to neighborhood hubs and just using the hubs copper to house - getting speeds up for some - 25mbps to 100mbps... SO if not the D7000 - then what?  My whole 3 story is netgear as I hate mixing and matching certain things... or I should say the backbone/routing and ap's are netgear - using dlink gb switches.... all rooms have wired and wireless is screaming...

Now I have this stupid issue with the D7000 which was fine before the bonding setup...

Message 3 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello jkrall

I looked into it our DSL modems do not support bonded DSL lines but like you said you can still use it as a AP or whatever modem you are using you can bridge it to the D7000.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 6
Sellmetv2
Tutor

Hello DarrenM is the support for bonded dsl lines a hardware issue or firmware. Could it be supported with future releases?
Message 5 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Sellmetv2

I believe it is hardware but I will have to check on that.

DarrenM

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7