Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk D7000 Readycloud Registration Failed!

SebastianToh
Follower

Nighthawk D7000 Readycloud Registration Failed!

Hi Netgear Team,

I've got a Nighthawk D7000 router and previously had readycloud working fine.

Since updating the router firmware to V1.0.1.70_1.0.1, I unregistered the readycloud account, and have not been able to re-register using the same email address and password, ever since.

Please help!

Message 1 of 14

Re: Nighthawk D7000 Readycloud Registration Failed!

@SebastianToh wrote:

Since updating the router firmware to V1.0.1.70_1.0.1, I unregistered the readycloud account, and have not been able to re-register using the same email address and password, ever since.

Why did you unregister the Readycloud account?

What messages do you get when you try to register? "Not been able" doesn't tell us much.

Did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash?

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So while it isn't guaranteed to fix problems a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have issues with new firmware.

This is a nuisance because you then have to reconfigure the device all over again.

You can backup your settings before you reset and restore them later. But that may just bring back the fault. Then again, at least you will know if the reset fixed the problem.

Message 2 of 14
adam12345
Aspirant

@michaelkenward wrote:

@SebastianToh wrote:

Why did you unregister the Readycloud account?

What messages do you get when you try to register? "Not been able" doesn't tell us much.

Did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash?

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So while it isn't guaranteed to fix problems a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have issues with new firmware.

This is a nuisance because you then have to reconfigure the device all over again.

You can backup your settings before you reset and restore them later. But that may just bring back the fault. Then again, at least you will know if the reset fixed the problem.

I have exactly the same problem.  It had beem working brilliantly until I changed ISP. For some reason I couldn't select Sky for the preset provider so performed a factory reset.  Had so many problems and was eventually told that Sky Fibre Max only works with their equipment.  Went back to previous ISP and all's good apart from router not accepting user name & password. During the reset to new/old ISP the router updated the firmware.  However even trying a restore from a known backup doesn't work.  Help needed, please! 

Model: D7000v1|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 3 of 14

@adam12345 wrote:

I have exactly the same problem. 

Not as I understand it. Where is ReadyCloud involved in your saga? Sounds more like a basic modem/router problem.

You might do better to start your own conversation, rather than hitching a ride on the back of something completely different.

There is support for the D7000, including a manual, somewhere at the end of this link:

>>> D7000 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

Message 4 of 14
TrueGent
Guide

Hi Sebastian & Netgear Team,

Have you made any progress with your problem? I have not used ReadyCloud previously, but receive the same "Registration Failed" message when I attempt to set it up.

Like you, I am running the latest firmware (V1.0.1.70_1.0.1) and I use ReadyShare Vault for Backup, so know the USB drive is accessible to the router.

I have previously had issues configuring the Netgear DDNS and VPN services. After lots of investigation, trial and error and involvement from Netgear support (and development teams), the issues have turned out to be with specific and unobvious configurations with the 3rd party vendors and accounts being used, but I do not know enough about ReadyCloud to be able to investigate myself. 

Can anyone else shed any light?

Model: D7000v2|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem RouterD7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 5 of 14
TrueGent
Guide

A little more information... I saw my screen flicker just before the "Registration Failed" message appears, so decided to run a screen capture. This revealed another message being displayed momentarily before disappearing.

The message reads:

This router is registered with the following ReadyCLOUD user xxx@yyy.com

Click Unregister to register ReadyCLOUD with a different user.

Now. xxx@yyy.com is my ReadyCLOUD/Netgear account. I can log onto the ReadyCLOUD website with this user account, so know the account is valid/active, but no devices are listed against it. I am also unable to find the Unregister button to attempt to release the relationship between the router and my account.

Help!

Model: D7000v2|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem RouterD7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 6 of 14
adam12345
Aspirant

Hi,

Managed to get mine working.  Downloaded and installed previous firmware version and all worked.  Upgraded to latest version and then couldn't register.  Downgraded it once more and left it with the old firmware and readyshare has been working for a couple of weeks.  When downgrading I went back a couple of versions.  Hope this helps.

Message 7 of 14
TrueGent
Guide

Thanks for sharing your experience, Adam. Unfortunately I was as fortunate and my issue still remains.

I'm hoping that @DarrenM or @ChristineT may be able to assist at this point, as it appears some mis-synchronisation with ReadyCloud backend systems is the issue.

Message 8 of 14
kurt_ams
Initiate

Hi Truegent,

Don't worry, you're not alone. I'm having the exact same problems as you.

D7000 router, firmaware V1.0.1.70_1.0.1, never used ReadyCloud before. Tried to register with my Single Sign On MyNetgear Login and Password today, and I simply get  redurned with a message in red writing below the register button saying, Registration failed.

I'm able to login to ReadyCloud on the internet with my SSO and it doesn't recognise any devices (becuase my registration in the router settings are not working).

Apart from trying the obvious; resetting router and/or reverting firmware (as these do not fix my issue) does Netgear have a solution?

Message 9 of 14
kurt_ams
Initiate

OK - so I spent half a night testing various firmware's available for the D7000 router after reverting to factory default settings. (I backed up my router cfg file first).

Started with the initial release firmware 1.0.0.14  (but soon realised this was of no use, since ReadyCLOUD wasn't even available in the initial release).

So then I just randomly plucked out firmware Version 1.0.1.42 and installed it. Once complete, I went into the router's USB Settings, then into ReadySHARE and then into ReadyCLOUD and to my disbelief, I was finally able to register with my MyNetgear SSO details.

I went to the ReadyCLOUD app on my Android phone and also via the desktop site on PC, and wallah, I was finally able to see the D7000 router, and also access my flash drive with its data, photos and video. Success!

So, furthering the process of elimination and I've ended up testing all the way to firmware version V1.0.1.60_1.0.1, where my linked registration with ReadyCLOUD remains intact and I can access my router and USB flash drive via the app and desktop like previous.

Unfortunately updating my D7000 to any new firmware beyond version V1.0.1.60_1.0.1 removes the ability for me to access the D7000 in ReadyCLOUD. It returns a message in ReadyCLOUD that the router is unavailable and that power may be off, so it's definitely not working for some of the later firmwares. 

Coincidently, using firmwares later than version V1.0.1.60_1.0.1, when I look in my router settings in the ReadyCLOUD section, it still shows my account is registered, even though I can't access my router or files via the ReadyCLOUD app or site.

So for me, I'm keeping firmware version V1.0.1.60_1.0.1 installed, and putting this problem 100% completely down to inconsistencies or incompatibility with firmware releases. I'm not sure if Netgear is aware of this, but I hope my investigation helps others regain their ReadyCLOUD access.

P.S: I've also restored my saved router settings, via the backup cfg file that I created at the start; and this had no impact either way during any of the firmwares tested to the outcome of whether access to ReadyCLOUD worked or not. (So feel free to back yours up before testing, but for me, it made no difference in the end, as I've reinstated my settings, and using firmware version V1.0.1.60_1.0.1, my ReadyCLOUD access remains!

Good luck!

Message 10 of 14
TrueGent
Guide

Thank you, kurt_ams. Following your significant investigations, I have retro-fitted firmware V1.0.1.60_1.0.1 and can successfully register my device on ReadyCLOUD against my Netgear ID.

The response when using later firmware versions of the device being registered to the Netgear ID would seem to suggest that the wrong data, i.e. not the username or password entered, is being passed from the router to the registration server - but without seeing the code, it's impossible to know.

But a great piece of work... thanks!

Message 11 of 14
organic-uk
Tutor

Hi 

Same here I put in firmware V1.0.1.60_1.0.1 from the latest one and now mine working fine with readycloud.

Just to say thanks to the person that found the solution and now wating for netger to fix it in the next firmware.

Message 12 of 14
Peter_from_NZ
Aspirant

I'm another user with exactly the same "registration failed" problem as described by the OP and commenters above. I'm on latest firmware, using an ebay-purchased pre-owned router (so it may have been registered in another name before).

I have also tried logging into the router using both Chome and Firefox, with no difference.

I have also tried registering Readyclould with a different account, with the same failure occuring. Both account logins were OK to manually login via the netgear websites, so there was no problems with the actual accounts.

I shall attempt the regression to an early firmware, to see if it fixes the problem.

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 13 of 14

@Peter_from_NZ wrote:

I'm another user with exactly the same "registration failed" problem as described by the OP ....

An unwise assumption.

For a start the OP had a system that worked at one time. Did yours?

We don't actually know what you are doing and where it goes wrong.

There is a good chance that the official support team is busily monitoring new conversations and may miss your addition to this one.

If you want help with your problem, it helps to check all previous stuff that may be related, but then you should start your own discussion. In this was you can also provide your own version of the information that the forum suggests that you provide.

If you do decide to ask a question, you really need to provide more details.

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7