Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk D7000 - Slow Ethernet Speed

Givera
Aspirant

Nighthawk D7000 - Slow Ethernet Speed

Hi,

I have a Nighthawk D7000 modem and router and have had no issue with it for the last year.

Typical speed is something like 4.5 mbps down, 0.8 mbps up. This setup has worked relaibly and without any real configuration beyond running the Genie set-up wizard. 

Yesterday, my internet connection cut out on both my PC (Windows 10, up to date) and PS4 simultaneously - both connected to the D7000 via ethernet cable over Netgear Powerline adapters. I restarted the router and connected to the internet once again, however, the connection is incredibly slow. I ran a series of speed tests; 500kbps to 1.2mbps. Meanwhile, wifi still achieves 4.5mbps (I've tested this with the PS4 connecting over wifi, tablets and smartphones).

It's worth reiterating that both the PC and PS4 are now suffering slow ethernet speeds, so I don't think it's either the PC or PS4 causing the issue.

My network adapter driver (Killer 2200) is up to date. I updated the D7000's firmware (currently 1.0.1.64), reset my connection and a variety of other fixes reccomended in articles, videos and forum posts.

Has anyone experienced this or knows of a fix? Any help would be much appreciated. If there's any other information I can provide, let me know.

Thanks,

Shannon

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Givera
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk D7000 - Slow Ethernet Speed

UPDATE - SOLVED. Appears to be an issue with the Powerline adapters, not with the D7000. Tested speed directly from the router (bypassing the Powerline adapters), and speed improved. Moved the Powerline adapter to a nearby power-point and speed is now 4mbps +.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Givera
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk D7000 - Slow Ethernet Speed

UPDATE - SOLVED. Appears to be an issue with the Powerline adapters, not with the D7000. Tested speed directly from the router (bypassing the Powerline adapters), and speed improved. Moved the Powerline adapter to a nearby power-point and speed is now 4mbps +.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7