Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk D7000 VOIP connection

NellieK
Aspirant

Nighthawk D7000 VOIP connection

I have a Night Hawk D7000 and my internet provider now will switch my landline over to voip via internet. My modem does not have a phone port so I need an ATA. (some Technical expert told me this but not what will work with my modem. What brand and model of ATA will work with out too many hassels.

Thanks from Campbells Creek in AUSTRAILIA.

Message 1 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Nighthawk D7000 VOIP connection

Hello Neliek

Have you found a ATA that will work?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6
NellieK
Aspirant

Darren

I am about to buy a Cisco SPA122 as a communications guy suggested it. Hope it is easdy to set up!

I didnt realise my Netgear D7000 hade no capacity to plug in my home landline phone once NBN was connected!

Cheers

NellieK

Message 3 of 6
SimonL
Aspirant

Hi,

I have just hooked up a new D7000 running FTTN VDSL successfully, and realising that I need to also hook up my NetPhone, I purchased a Cisco SPA122 ATA, however, I cant seem to get the D7000 to "see" the SPA122.

I am sure I just need to change a setting in the D7000 to accept the SPA122 but I am not sure what to change?

I have the SIP settings from my ISP to activate my phone service, but I am yet to get the chance to tell the SPA122 what they are.

Any chance anyone watching this thread can help?

The answer may also assist the OP in her search for answers.

Cheers,

Simon

Message 4 of 6
Aussiefrank
Aspirant

Hi All

I have the same problem but i have a Nighthawk d7800. cannot install cisco spa112 ATA using instruction as it is not clear how to use. Any help would be appreciated. thanks Frank

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 5 of 6
Willa9
Initiate

Have you giys find solution for this? I have exactly the same problem
Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo