Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk D7000 does not recognize DSL after firmware update

BILBO444
Initiate

Nighthawk D7000 does not recognize DSL after firmware update

After updating firmware to V1.0.0.38 my D7000 would not recognize my AT&T DSL connection, no dsl or internet light.

Went round and round with netgear TS and was told that firmware would not cause this. I paid for extended service to get this problem corrected. After AT&T came to my house and verified that all signal all the way to modem was good, TS decided that my modem was bad and i paid shipping to get a new one.

Connected the new one up and still no DSL recognition. This unit had V1.0.0.32.

I downloaded the firmware V1.0.0.18 and problem went away. I am back and running.

I tried the next newest firmware and the unit would not recognize my DSL again.

So, I am running V1.0.0.18 and it seems to be working fine.

What is the deal with this?

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
BILBO444
Initiate

Dont know if you have this fixed yet but here it goes. This is what i had to do.

You will have to download the ********.18 firmware. anything higher than .18 does not work, tested!

connect modem and login using the login on the bottom of the D7000.

when you login go to menu to update firmware. link your dowloaded software. I will ask if you want to because of older firmware, say yes. be patient and let it work.

Now you will get DSL and internet lights.

you must have your ATT internet login and password to finish setup.

Mine works great, for sucky DSL service.

Good luck!!

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Bilbo444

I have heard some other reports of this I know our engineers are working on a new firmware but do not have a ETA on this hopefully it will resolve this issue.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 8
Sadorj
Aspirant

I am having same problem. I have taken the unit back to store once and got a new one. It does the same problem no DSL or Internet lights.

I have been on phone with Netgear support and Netgear chat. I have also been on phone with ATT. My line is good in fact I am on a Netgear modem router from ATT. It works but is having problems do to age of unit. I bought the D700 I do not know the version of software.

How can I download and put this older version of software onto my new modem?

I do not want to return this product a second time because I will not come home with it again if we can not resolve problems. I am not waiting on a 3 strikes you are out. I go with 2 and your out.

Message 3 of 8

You say you don't know the version of the software. By software do you mean the firmware that controls the beast at the hardware level? That is, after all, the subject of this discussion.

If you have access to the internet, then you can go to the support pages for your device and look for versions of the firmware.

D7000 | Product | Support | NETGEAR

You can then apply the firmware from the local file.

You say that you don't know the current version of the software, that suggests that you haven't got as far as bit of the D7000's interface where that shows up. You may like to check the manual that you will find on the same support pages for details on how to do this.

You may also find some clues as to what is going wrong on the D7000. Perhaps it is something simple in the setup.

If you want more help, then it might be better to start a new question and to include the information that this board suggests:

Subject (Include model number and brief summary)
Model (Recommended - Helps the community give the best answers)
Body (Include additional detail including model version, firmware, OS and environment where relevant.)

Message 4 of 8
BILBO444
Initiate

Dont know if you have this fixed yet but here it goes. This is what i had to do.

You will have to download the ********.18 firmware. anything higher than .18 does not work, tested!

connect modem and login using the login on the bottom of the D7000.

when you login go to menu to update firmware. link your dowloaded software. I will ask if you want to because of older firmware, say yes. be patient and let it work.

Now you will get DSL and internet lights.

you must have your ATT internet login and password to finish setup.

Mine works great, for sucky DSL service.

Good luck!!

Message 5 of 8
Sadorj
Aspirant

Thanks,  I got a hold of tech support and told them what I needed.

I had to use my old modem and it has problems. Tech support was great and forced the old software onto my computer. All set up but it was a pain lol.

Message 6 of 8

@BILBO444 wrote:
anything higher than .18 does not work, tested!

Why doesn't Netgear pull that firmware? It seems outrageous to continue pushing out broken firmware.
Message 7 of 8
billmorrison
Aspirant

I have had same issue with the D7000-V1.0.0.38_1.0.1.img firmware image.  I downgrades to the D7000-V1.0.0.32_1.0.1.img version and got rid of the problem.

Simply would not log into the DSL service after upgrade.  Loaded and unloaded the .38 version to see if I could check on other parameters and get it to work, but no go.

I am using Century Link with VDSL2 service to my place, just to try to help other folks.

I am now going to keep my lame Century Link modem around just in case as it saved me this time.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7