Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk D7000 just set-up. Unstable connection

-codgod-
Follower

Nighthawk D7000 just set-up. Unstable connection

I just set up my Nighthawk D700, replacing my BTHub5 on BT Infinity. On the BTHub5 my speedtest.net connection was like 25 ping, 50Mb/down and 10Mb/up, consistently. After just setting this nighthawk up the connection speeds on speedtest.net have been like 80-90ping, with download speeds of 25-50Mb/down and upload speeds of 10Mb/up. Is the router supposed to be this unstable just because I set it up not too long ago and it needs time to stabilise or is there something wrong? Is there some firmware I have to install or something like that to stabilise this out? I'm also connected wired.

edit: Nevermind, turns out because the netgear is a US router, speedtest.net was testing my connection on some US servers, it's all working now.

Message 1 of 2

Re: Nighthawk D7000 just set-up. Unstable connection

@-codgod- wrote:

Is there some firmware I have to install or something like that to stabilise this out? I'm also connected wired.

You may have fixed the immediate problem – well spotted – but if this is a new router you may want to look for a firmware update.

The D7000, unlike the R7000, isn't vulnerable to the recent security nasty, but there are firmware updates out there. Few boxes arrive with the latest firmware.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7