Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk D7000 not connecting to the NBN

HGS123
Follower

Nighthawk D7000 not connecting to the NBN

Hi,

I have a Nighthawk D7000 router that I want to use with the NBN since this router is better than the provided ISP router. When set up and plugged in correctly there is no internet detection at all and there is an orange light where a white light should be for the internted on the router. From the NBN black box I have correctly connected the ethernet cord into the red internet slot in the router. I have also tried to troubleshoot within the routers login and it does not detect the internet. I believe I am on the latest firmware and not long ago I reset the settings within the router too see if it would fix the issue to which it didnt.

From here I have rung my internet service provider iPrimus to which they provided me with information of the ISP Username and Password for PPOE and Vlan ID100 and have told me to contact netgear for further support since they do not have a full understanding from their end since it is not one of their routers. I am stuck at this point and I do not know what to do with this information they have given me nor do I understand it. I do not have much knowledge within router setups and settings and help would be appreciated.

Essentially I am asking for support on how to setup my Nighthawk D7000 router so that the internet works and what I need to do with the information iPrimus has provided me with. I have HFC NBN and I do not have a home phone that needs to be connected to the router. A set of instructions on how to fix this issue would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Nighthawk D7000 not connecting to the NBN

@HGS123 wrote:

Hi,

I have a Nighthawk D7000 router that I want to use with the NBN since this router is better than the provided ISP router.

The D7000 is a modem/router for DSL broadband.

@HGS123 wrote:

I have HFC NBN and I do not have a home phone that needs to be connected to the router.

If your flavour of NBN is Hybrid Fiber-Coaxial, then the modem bit of the D7000 is not compatible with it.

What is an NBN network and is my NETGEAR DSL modem router compatible? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

If you have the ISP's modem/router, then you can see if you can put it into bridged (modem only) mode and then use the D7000 as a router.

If the ISP's box does not allow you to bridge it, then you can use the D7000 as a wireless access point.

There is support for the D7000, including a manual, somewhere at the end of this link:

>>> D7000 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

See the sections Set Up the Modem Router for Cable or Fiber Service and Use the Modem Router as a WiFi Access Point.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7