Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk D7000 says not supported can't login

Scottcnz
Aspirant

Nighthawk D7000 says not supported can't login

Helllo wondering if anyone can help me with my problem..   I have changed the setting on my D7000 using the netgear genie to IPv6.... However I notice my xbox still says im not using IPv6.    I now cannot login to the Netgear Genie App to change any settings I have restarted the modem using a pin in the back of it..  Tried downloading the Nighthawk App and it tells me my modem is not supported.    It works fairly well I have gigabyte internet and can seee 750 mbs download rates.   However i always am losing gun fights on Call of Duty that i shouldn't be due to one sided connection..  I mean i think thats probably just the fact New Zealand doesn't have our own server closest is in Australia .    Any ideas ? 

Thanks 

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: Nighthawk D7000 says not supported can't login

@Scottcnz wrote:

I have changed the setting on my D7000 using the netgear genie to IPv6....

Hard to say what and how things were changed, what settings are required for oyur NZ ISP, and if these were successful, and IPv6 is working ....

@Scottcnz wrote:

However I notice my xbox still says im not using IPv6.

Ok, that's not the best device  for troubleshooting IPv6.

@Scottcnz wrote:

I now cannot login to the Netgear Genie App to change any settings I have restarted the modem using a pin in the back of it.. 

After the reset, all the Internet and WIFi settings are back to the default. You might have to connect to the default wireless using the information printed on the product label. This includes the admin and password as shown on the back of the device, too. 

@Scottcnz wrote:

Tried downloading the Nighthawk App and it tells me my modem is not supported.

That's correct - despite the common name, not all Netgear Nighthawk tagged devices are supported by the Nighthawk App. For now, no xDSL (Dxxxx) or Cable (Cxxxx) models.

Strongly suggest using a computer/notebook and a Web browser to re-configure your D7000 from scratch, as shown in the fine docs...

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/D7000/D7000_QSG_23Nov2015.pdf

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/D7000/D7000_UM_EN.pdf

Much more complete and verbose information on your router config...

No idea about the CoD part - I'm to old for that 8-)

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7