Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk D7000V2 always loses settings after a power outage or the modem is unplugged

jazzclarke
Aspirant

Nighthawk D7000V2 always loses settings after a power outage or the modem is unplugged

Hi there

I am constantly having this problem. My modem loses certain settings and cannot connect to the internet automatically after a power outage or it is simply unplugged from the wall.

To reset I need to login remotely using my mobile device and reset certain settings.

It's happened so often that I know how to do this quite easily now. But I'm worried this will happen when I'm out of town - I won't be able to explain the fix process to my partner.

Is this a known fault? Am I better off to buy a different modem?

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Nighthawk D7000V2 always loses settings after a power outage or the modem is unplugged

@jazzclarke wrote:

My modem loses certain settings and cannot connect to the internet automatically after a power outage or it is simply unplugged from the wall.

What are these "certain settings"?

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

If you are not on he latest firmware, then update to the latest, preferably manually.

Even if you are on the latest,m it may help to load it again just in case a previous update failed to rake and creates the issues you see.

One thing you can do is to create a backup of your settings when they are to your liking. Then, when they get lost again, you can reload them.

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in the model number and find all the documentation and firmware for your hardware.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7