Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk D7000v2 Crashing/Locking up?

Arho
Aspirant

Nighthawk D7000v2 Crashing/Locking up?

Hi,

I recently purchased the  Nighthawk D7000v2 (D7000v2 – Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router) and am noticing that the device is crashing/locking up every 3-5 days.

I am certain now that this is down to the router due to the fact that when this happens, I am unable to log in (I am connected via wire directly to the router). Additionally,  the 2.4 and 5Ghz WIFI networks dissapear (all connected devices show they are not connected to a WIFI network when this happens). Finally, I have called up my ISP when this occoured most recently and they have explained that they were seeing no issues on their side. 

All lights on the front of the device remain on and white, as if all is fine. However the only way to fix this is to reboot the router for it to do the same in the next few days.

This is on firmware version V1.0.0.47_1.0.1 which at the time of writing this is the most recent firmware. Having said that, this crash/lock up was happening on previous firmware versions.

I have been googling around and noticing that other forums discuss this similar issue but was wondering if there was any official Netgear word on this/wasys to solve this/fix in the pipeline? I have also seen similar posts about the  Nighthawk D7000V1 here however would hope that V2 wouldnt be affected in the same way....

Its a great shame as I own a number of Netgear products and this would honestly put me buying any Netgear product again.

Thanks

Message 1 of 6

Re: Nighthawk D7000v2 Crashing/Locking up?

You've posted in the Nighthawk WiFi Routers rather than in the DSL Modems & Routers section – easily done thanks to Netgear's confusing forum – so you may have missed earlier discussions about this device:

DSL Modems & Routers - NETGEAR Communities

When you installed that latest firmware, it has only just surfaced, did you factory reset the modem/router? Always a first thing to try if you have post-flash issues.

Message 2 of 6
Arho
Aspirant

wrote:

You've posted in the Nighthawk WiFi Routers rather than in the DSL Modems & Routers section – easily done thanks to Netgear's confusing forum – so you may have missed earlier discussions about this device:

DSL Modems & Routers - NETGEAR Communities

When you installed that latest firmware, it has only just surfaced, did you factory reset the modem/router? Always a first thing to try if you have post-flash issues.

Ah apologies for posting in the wrong place. Is there a way this can be moved?

And no I didnt factory reset the device. How would I go about doing this? Should I factory reset the device, download the firmware onto a USB and install that way?

Thanks

Message 3 of 6

Ah apologies for posting in the wrong place. Is there a way this can be moved?

Don't worry about it. I just wanted you to know that there are other places to look for stuff on your hardware.

And no I didnt factory reset the device. How would I go about doing this?

There is a manual for the D7000v2 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> D7000v2 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

See page 159.

Message 4 of 6
Arho
Aspirant

Hi,

I tried following the above - to no availe.

I also tried a few settings changes online (setting wifi band for 2.4 and 5ghz manually) which some people posted it may help, but it seemed to only make the crash happen slightly less frequently.

It is absolutly ridiculous that a $200 router is compleltly unstable. How did Netgear manage to get away with selling a product like this? It is unable to remain stable for 2 days before crashing. Today alone it has crashed 4 times. 

I am 100% avoiding netgear in the future and have began replacing any netgear products I have. Absolutly ridiculous. 

Message 5 of 6
Arho
Aspirant

Its Vodaphone.

I tried rolling back, it made no difference.

I have managed to slightly delay the crashing time by manually setting wireless channels. It now crashes once a week rather than once a day.

Its still absolutly ridiculous and would have returned it however I got a refund and was able to keep it.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7