Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk D7000v2 OpenVPN No Internet / Only Local Resources

leolion3
Follower

Nighthawk D7000v2 OpenVPN No Internet / Only Local Resources

So we've gotten a Nighthawk DSL Modem (D7000v2) for our small office here, it is running the latest Firmware (version 1.0.0.66_1.0.2).

I've enabled the VPN Service on the Nighthawk and configured it as follows (Note that the ports are set to TCP because UDP would just straight up not work for some reason):

TUN Mode Service Type  - TCP

TUN Mode Service Port  - 443  - for testing purposes to check if it was a firewall issue, which it wasn't

TAP Mode Service Type - TCP

TAP Mode Service Port - 12974

Clients will use this VPN connection to access: All sites on the Internet & Home Network

We've gotten a permanent static IP Address and therefor set  Use a Dynamic DNS Service to off.

The VPN used to work fine a week ago (before the Firmware update), but now we only seem to have access to local network resources, and no external traffic is allowed through (the packets are getting dropped, chrome shows err_name_not_resolved / connection refused). Running a quick ipconfig command on Windows shows that no Gateway is available using the VPN Adapter (same on Android if running ip route get 1.2 in Termux)

I've been looking around for several hours and I've found dozens of articles on Nighthawk routers with the same problem with the OVPN Server. Is there a workaround or fix that can be done right now? (or perhaps beta firmware? I'm up for pretty much anything at this point)

Here's what I've tried so far:

- adding the dhcp dns to the client.ovpn file

- adding the remote route line to the ovpn file

- dozens of other configs for the ovpn file that I don't quite remember

but afterall the VPN Server still needs all the configs for any of these lines to have an effect so...

While we're talking about the VPN, is there no way to use a TLS 1.2 Tunnel instead of using AES-128-CBC? Or using a different CBC mode like CTR? Perhaps adding an option to add different users with different private keys instead of a global profile?

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7