Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk D7000v2 on nbn

Farry
Aspirant

Nighthawk D7000v2 on nbn

Hi everyone, I just got hooked up to the nbn yesterday and I now have no internet. The internet lightnon the modem is just red. I have tried turning it off as well as resetting it. Nothing is working. Can someone help me please?
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Farry
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk D7000v2 on nbn

I did a hard reboot and started from scratch. All working now. Thank you all for your help!

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
80njc80
Apprentice

Afternoon.  It is not as simple as plug and play... settings will need to be adjusted as outlined in the manual.  Have you tried going into advanced setting and doing a new setup?  If you have a phone connected to a splitter this will need to be removed and the J11 cable connected directly into the wall socket.

Good times.  More information please.

Message 2 of 7
Farry
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. I can't get into any of the setting on routerlogin.net because the router is not connecting to the internet. The globe light is red. I have no idea what else I can do without having the internet going to the router.

Message 3 of 7
80njc80
Apprentice

Afternoon.  No internet connection is required to access the router.  Try www.routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1.  It should ask for your username (admin) and password (either password or another specific one you previously set).  If this is problematic on one device (i.e. PC) try it on your phone browser and get back to us with any issues.

Message 4 of 7

Could be 192.168.0.1 on a modem/router.

Message 5 of 7

@80njc80 wrote:

Have you tried going into advanced setting and doing a new setup? 

Good advice.

One way to start from a clean slate is to factory reset the modem router so that it forgets any settings from an earlier connection.

There is a manual for the D7000v2 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> D7000v2 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

See page 159.

While you are troubleshooting, you might like to consult this article:

What is an NBN network and is my NETGEAR DSL modem router compatible? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 6 of 7
Farry
Aspirant

I did a hard reboot and started from scratch. All working now. Thank you all for your help!
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7