Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk D7800 antenna upgrade

grahamrtruran
Follower

Nighthawk D7800 antenna upgrade

Hi I have a D7800 modem router and an AC 1900 range extender working together. On good days everything works fine, unfortunately NBN does not provide me with a quality reliable service very often

looking to upgrade the antennas on both the modem router and range extender in an attempt to offset NBN

I cannot find any guidance on antenna upgrades.  Appreciate any advice to help me buy

Message 1 of 2

Re: Nighthawk D7800 antenna upgrade

@grahamrtruran wrote:

Hi I have a D7800 modem router and an AC 1900 range extender working together.

In that case you are in the wrong place.

The D7800 is a modem/router, the AC1900 could be one of several things.

AC1900 is not a reliable guide to model number. Many devices come with an AC tag, but it is essentially a label that Netgear, and other brands, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds.

There are separate sections for these devices, Nighthawk Routers with WiFi 6 (AX) is not one of them:

You might get better and quicker replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section for your device:

DSL Modems & Routers

and

WiFi Range Extenders & Nighthawk Mesh - NETGEAR Communities

@grahamrtruran wrote:

Hi I have a D7800 modem router and an AC 1900 range extender working together. On good days everything works fine, unfortunately NBN does not provide me with a quality reliable service very often

looking to upgrade the antennas on both the modem router and range extender in an attempt to offset NBN

New antennae aren't going to do much for your Internet service. They might do something for your local wifi, but Netgear doesn't sell add-on antennae, and the subject is not a regular here, which means that there aren't many resident experts in the topic. You might do better to find a group that talks about squeezing more wifi out of your network.

The usual tactic, after trying to move the wifi sources around to improve wireless coverage, is to get better, or more, wifi sources, or to deploy something like Powerline Ethernet to get the Internet to fixed kit, like PCs.

Whatever you want, you will have to say a bit more about your circumstances, things like the size of your property.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7