Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk D8500

sonni
Aspirant

Nighthawk D8500

I have just been connected to NBN in Australia through FTTC through DODO.

I have followed the manual of setting up for cable service but no luck, I have all the information I need from my provider. I went on the Whirlpool for their advice, but still wasnt able to connect.  Has anyone had any luck connecting the nighthawk with the NBN?

The NBN  model no is NDD-0300

serial no: 190902204609139

Mac: F8CA59750D68

FTTC network connection device Net Comm Wireless

Thanks

Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Re: Nighthawk D8500

What did you buy? The subect says D8500 but you have put R8500 in the footer.

The D8500 is a DSL modem router. The R8500 is a router.

Getting stuff to work on NBN can be a nightmare. The good news is that a lot of people have already grappled with the challenge. So there's a lot of past experience that you can draw on:

Search - NETGEAR Communities – D8500 NBN

You can try narrowing that down by plugging the name of your ISP into the search. Some ISPs have especially exotic configurations.

The problem is that NBN comes in many flavours, effectively it just means "Australian Internet".

What is an NBN network and is my NETGEAR DSL modem router compatible? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Start by checking for your type of NBN. FTTC isn't in the Netgear list. The meaning also varies from country to country.

While Netgear lists all manner of things as being "compatible" with NBN in that article, in reality this often means that the device will work as a router. You have to bypass the modem bit and use something else as a modem. Sometimes it is just the NBN box that your ISP installed.

Here's a good place to start looking for local expertise:

“NBN” - Whirlpool Forums

Remember, if you are transferring your modem/router from one type of NBN to another it is a good idea to reset the modem/router to that it forgets in past settings carried over from the old service.

Good luck, you may need it.

Message 2 of 6
sonni
Aspirant

Message 3 of 6
sonni
Aspirant

Message 4 of 6
sonni
Aspirant

This is what I have now and still no closer to connecting to the internet. Iam assuming no one has had any luck connecting the Nighthawk D8500 to the NBN FTTC in Australia

Message 5 of 6

I'm afraid that that picture tells us not much. (Try playing with Alt + Printscreen rather than a camera.) Sadly "It does not work" is not much diagnostic help.

We still to not know what sort of Internet you have. The "C" in FTTC can mean cabinet or curb, among other things.

The D8500 is a DSL modem/router. Does your FTTC deliver DSL Internet to you?

YOu say that you have something called an NDD-0300.

YOu could try this:

NBN model no is NDD-0300 - Google Search

Are you trying to use the D8500 instead of the NDD-0300? Or as well as the NDD-0300?

Did you try this?

Search - NETGEAR Communities – D8500 DODO NBN

Then there is this:

NBN Installation, Setup & Technical Support - Dodo

So far, you have told us next to nothing useful about what you are doing and what happens. This is important information if you want help.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7