Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk X4S AC2600 VDSL support

Caros
Aspirant

Nighthawk X4S AC2600 VDSL support

Hi all,

Does the Nighthawk X4S AC2600 support VDSL2 + Vectoring like the Draytek Vigor 2860 does? This is important to get the most performance in the Netherlands. I can't find it anywhere in the documentation.

Kind regards,

Message 1 of 6
Caros
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk X4S AC2600 VDSL support

Second;

Does it support Multi-PVC/VLAN tagging on the WAN?

Thanks in advance

Message 2 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Caros

I am checking with our engineers about the 2 questions you asked Ill let you know once I hear back on this.

DarrenM

Message 3 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello caros

- The D7800 supports Vectoring and G.INP with FW 1.0.0.38 but as far as Multi PVC goes we do not fully support it on D7800 with FW 1.0.0.38. VLAN configuration is also supported.

Hope this answers your question let me know if you have any more

DarrenM

Message 4 of 6
Caros
Aspirant

Hi DarrenM,

Thanks for your answer. My Vectoring question have been answered, but still on the Multi PVC I'm not sure what you mean by 'we do not fully support it'.

My VDSL2+ provider sends me two seperate services: VLAN 6 for Internet and VLAN 4 for IPTV. Is it supported that through Multi-PVC I can configure these two different services and I can define which LAN port to connect the desired service? Or isn't this supported (yet)? Can you say if this is possible to configure, or if it's on the roadmap and if so, when it's planned to implement?

I think most of the people which are interested in this device need the implementation of PVC, otherwise the device misses possible it's value above a 'normal' router.

Kind regards,

Caros

Message 5 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Caros

You should be able to configure the VLAN settings since we do support VLAN configurations on D7800. In terms of full support for Multi-PVC we do not have an ETA when that will happen on this product.

DarrenM

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7