Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk X4S D7800 AC2600 Wireless Range - Poor

R8_THIS
Aspirant

Nighthawk X4S D7800 AC2600 Wireless Range - Poor

Hi, So I've just purchased my new modem / router and placed it in the exact same place as my previous modem / router provided from my ISP. Unfortunately, the range is worse than the ISP provided modem / router. Speeds aren't too much different either (when in range). Any suggestions before I return it to the store?
Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
R8_THIS
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk X4S D7800 AC2600 Wireless Range - Poor

Hi, was using the netgear android app... But could tell the signal was poor. I've phoned the help desk and have manually changed the channels... Albeit the previous one's were only used for my router, the new one's have made the signal stronger. I'll monitor this over the next few days.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
R8_THIS
Aspirant

Hi, was using the netgear android app... But could tell the signal was poor. I've phoned the help desk and have manually changed the channels... Albeit the previous one's were only used for my router, the new one's have made the signal stronger. I'll monitor this over the next few days.
Message 2 of 4
R8_THIS
Aspirant

Hi,
Running on channel 6 for 2.4ghz and 157 for 5ghz. Run your link test and both are running at - 77dBm, in a position of house that had no wifi signal before when channel selection was automatic.

Screen shot shows IP addresses, I'm not an I.T guru so not sure if this compromises my internet security, etc. ...
Message 3 of 4
R8_THIS
Aspirant

Hi, please see attached screenshot. The 5ghz graph is on its own, no other signals.

What internet speeds is normal?
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7