Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk X4S D7800 DSL Connection Dropping Daily - Restart Resolves Issue?

General2020
Aspirant

Nighthawk X4S D7800 DSL Connection Dropping Daily - Restart Resolves Issue?

Hi all,

Every day without failure, sometimes several times a day, i will lose my internet connection and its becoming increasingly frustrating because i dont understand what is causing the issue.

Description of the issue:
Any device connected, whether it be wifi or a wired connection loses internet and tells me there is no DSL connection, yet on the modem router the DSL light is solid and tells me that it is working. Ive had aussie broadband and NBN tell me time and time again that they can see no faults with my connection and running line tests while it is "out" reports that my connection is working (through aussie BB app).
This happens at any time of the day and simply restarting the modem router fixes the issues until it happens again. I have recently had my DSL port in the house redone (rewired etc) in case it was cabling issues but the issue still stands.

This was happening with the default netcomm modem router i got when i first signed up for an NBN plan with Aussie BB and is also happening with my new "Netgear Nighthawk x4s d7800".
I set up the Netgear Nighthawk x4s d7800 by following Aussie BB's guide on their website to ensure all setting are correct.

So unless im super unlucky and have somehow managed to get 2 faulty modems, im not sure what the issue could be and was wondering if anyone had any isinght into this?

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
General2020
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk X4S D7800 DSL Connection Dropping Daily - Restart Resolves Issue?

Message 3 of 10

All Replies

@General2020 wrote:

I set up the Netgear Nighthawk x4s d7800 by following Aussie BB's guide on their website to ensure all setting are correct.

So unless im super unlucky and have somehow managed to get 2 faulty modems, im not sure what the issue could be and was wondering if anyone had any isinght into this?

Which firmware is on your D7800?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

I wonder if it has something to do with the DSL implementation your ISP uses.

I raise it because of this recent message:

DM200 - Australia NBN - ROC & SOS Support - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 10
General2020
Aspirant

V1.0.1.60
Message 3 of 10
Digsy_ps13
Aspirant

Hi there,

My router is the smae model and has always done this. Netgear replaced it with a brand new one some time ago and I have constantly performed firmware upgrades when they have been available. I am currently running the latest (V1.0.1.60) and it still does it almost daily. 

Has anyone found a solution yet?

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 4 of 10

@Digsy_ps13 wrote:

Has anyone found a solution yet?

Knowing nothing about your network, it is anybody's guess as to how to fix it.

My R7800 has never exhibited this behaviour. So there is probably some other factor in work at your end. Without more information, it is impossible to begin to suggest what that factor might be.

Message 5 of 10
Digsy_ps13
Aspirant

My network is set up fine and it has nothing to do with it. I have tried EVERYTHING to fix it. Given yours doesn't do it, then you wouldn't understand what the problem is. There are plenty of people suffering the same problem and I am at wits end with it. If no one has figured out how to fix it, I'll be binning mine and buying another brand modem/router
Message 6 of 10

@Digsy_ps13 wrote:

Hi there,

My router is the smae model ...

I was confused by this.

The D7800 is not a router. It is a modem/router.

Message 7 of 10
General2020
Aspirant

I fixed it by using my old NBN router given by my ISP and throwing this expensive one in the garbage. Waste of money. And the fact I need to pay 100+ $$ for support from Netgear is tragic. They don't offer very long warranty. Awful modem
Message 8 of 10
Digsy_ps13
Aspirant

Now that's a helpful response because that's the only solution I have so far. Cheers
Message 9 of 10
Digsy_ps13
Aspirant

It's not that confusing if you know what your talking about 🤷🏼‍♂️
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7