Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk X4S D7800 - ReadySHARE - 4TB Western Digital Elements WDBU6Y0040BBK-WESN

MrHeatSeeker
Aspirant

Nighthawk X4S D7800 - ReadySHARE - 4TB Western Digital Elements WDBU6Y0040BBK-WESN

Hey,

I've been having heaps of issues with ReadySHARE and any portable HDDs I've tried. I had a 4TB Seagate Backup Plus 02R2APB-500 that was giving me issues, it was working then started corrupting my video files etc. I tried everything and eventually sold it.

I just bought a 4TB Western Digital Elements WDBU6Y0040BBK-WESN and it's not even being detected on my router. It's NTFS, I've restarted my PC, restarted the modem/router, changed USB ports etc.

Latest firmware version, V1.0.1.58.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 6
MrHeatSeeker
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk X4S D7800 - ReadySHARE - 4TB Western Digital Elements WDBU6Y0040BBK-WESN

I can see the drive in USB Drive Approved Devices but not in USB Storage (Basic Settings).

Message 2 of 6

Message 3 of 6
MrHeatSeeker
Aspirant

@michaelkenward wrote:

SMB issue?

ReadyShareConnect alert need SMB2 in Windows 10 wh... - NETGEAR Communities

Solved: ALL Netgear USB Drive Mapping Issues ReadyShareCo... - NETGEAR Communities

So I have to disable or enable SMB 1.0?

I have 2 SMB options in turn on and off Windows features. SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support which has SMB 1.0/CIFS Automatic Removal, SMB 1.0/CIFS Client and SMB 1.0/CIFS Server.

There is also SMB Direct.

Message 4 of 6

@MrHeatSeeker wrote:

So I have to disable or enable SMB 1.0?

Read the pages I linked to.

There is a lot more like that out in Googleland. It isn't just a Netgear thing.

Message 5 of 6
antinode
Guru

> I can see the drive in
> USB Drive Approved Devices
> but not in
> USB Storage (Basic Settings)

> SMB issue?

At least one of us is confused.  If the router is not showing the USB
storage volume as a served volume ("Available Network Folders"?), then
who believes that the problem can be solved by playing with settings on
the Windows client system?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats