Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk X4S D7800 Telstra NBN VDSL not working

Nazza
Aspirant

Nighthawk X4S D7800 Telstra NBN VDSL not working

Hi ... I was connected to FTTN NBN with Telstra during the week.

For the past 18 months, my modem worked well on ADSL2.

I used the Telstra provided modem to connect to NBN, however, I want to use my Nighthawk X4S D7800 instead.

I can access Netgear Genie, however, I am getting an error message advising that the DSL cable isn't connected and cannot proceed any further. I have tried 3 cables and also used 2 different laptops.

I changed the section to say that login details are not required before I tried running the Setup Wizard.

I upgraded to the latest firmware and this made no difference.

I did a factory reset which also made no difference.

I contacted Netgear Support ... but as the 90 day period has expired there is no free support.

I cannot believe that I cannot get support from Netgear for one of their premium products UNLESS I pay for it. It is their product that is the problem and it is only since the changeover to NBN.

Does anyone have any suggestions of things I can try?

Is this possibly a Warranty issue?

Is there a Complaints Department I can contact?

Any help would be appreciated ... thanks

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions

Message 3 of 8

All Replies

NBN comes in many different flavours. There are many messages here about NBN, and a lot on the D7800 and NBN.

Search results

This may also be useful:

What is an NBN network and is my NETGEAR DSL modem router compatible? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 2 of 8

Message 3 of 8
Nazza
Aspirant

Thanks ... I should have stated in my message that my NBN connection is FTTN and I checked before purchasing that the D7800 is definitely compatible with this.
Message 4 of 8
Nazza
Aspirant

I shall try rolling back the firmware and see what happens
Message 5 of 8
Nazza
Aspirant

Yes it was a firmware issue.
I rolled back to version 1.0.1.22 and it is now working. Thanks 👍
Message 6 of 8
Longy007
Initiate

This firmware level is not stable for Australian NBN (FTTN - VDSL2), I had to roll back

Message 7 of 8
Longy007
Initiate

I am on Firmware V1.0.1.22, this version constantly drops out.  I upgraded to .24 and this killed my connection, would not re-connect post upgrade so had to roll back.  I am seriously thinking of changing to a different device, the Netgear hardware is NOT compatible with Aust NBN (in fact whilst typing this message my internet dropped out).  I bought this device as it was a high end router/wireless device but since moving to NBN it has been nothing but trouble.

Netgear, you really need to fix this otherwise you will not have any credibility in the australian market.  I am in IT and I know I will NOT be recommending these devices.

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7