Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk X4S D7800 firmware issues

Mirwouk
Aspirant

Nighthawk X4S D7800 firmware issues

Hi,
I recently upgraded the firmware from v1.0.1.44 to v1.0.1.47. After the upgrade I am no longer able to get an internet connection as I recieve the error "No DSL/Ethernet cable is plugged into the router DSL/Internet port".
This is not so as the DSL cable is in place and no change to prior to the firmware update.
I am situated in Australia and on NBN FTTN with Optus.

I rolled back the firmware to .44 and .42 with no luck on achieving a connection.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Model: D7000v2|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem RouterD7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 18
antinode
Guru

> [...] After the upgrade [...]

LED indicators?

> [...] I [receive] the error [...]

How/where?  When you do what?

Settings reset and manual reconfiguration?  Visit
http://netgear.com/support , put in your (actual) model number, and look
for Documentation.  Get the User Manual.  Look for "Factory Settings"
(or "reset").

Message 2 of 18
mics87
Aspirant

After upgrading mine to .47 my modem couldn't establish ADSL connection as well. But it works fine after reverting to .44
Message 3 of 18
Mirwouk
Aspirant

LED indicator of DSL is blank.
Power, Wi-Fi (2.4g and 5g), Ethernet lan ports all working as normal. LEDs white.

Error received via routerlogin.net when accessing router settings.
Basic Home dashboard click on Internet --> error appears
Advanced Setup Wizard. Run auto configure for Australia Optus --> error appears.
Same area but manual setup --> error appears.

To be 100% clear the error appearing is the one in my original post.

I know how to run the factory reset, but is not reverting back to previous firmware essentially what the factory reset does. I reverted back to a working firmware but that isn't working either. I will try it though and provide update.
Message 4 of 18
antinode
Guru

> I know how to run the factory reset, but is not reverting back to
> previous firmware essentially what the factory reset does. [...]

You lost me.  The Reset button causes the router to restore default
settings for the currently installed firmware; it does not install

different firmware.  (That's your job.)

> [...] previous firmware [...] a working firmware [...]

As always, actual version numbers would be more useful than your
opinion of what's "previous" or "working" today.

Message 5 of 18
Mirwouk
Aspirant

Obviously you are trying to help but did you read the opening post?
Upgraded to 1.0.1.47 from 1.0.1.44 is when the Nighthawk X4S D7800 stopped recognising the VDSL port is occupied by a cable.
Returning to f/w 1.0.1.44 did not resolve the issue. Neither did f/w 1.0.1.42
The current f/w version installed on the device is 1.0.1.44 which I ran a factory reset on. The problem still persists.
The Nighthawk X4S D7800 with f/w 1.0.1.44 after factory reset will still not recognise a connection in the VDSL port.
No other device is connected to the house phone lines.
Changing cables makes no difference.
Message 6 of 18
80njc80
Apprentice

Have you tried the setup on another device?  Maybe an iPad or the like?  The setup process can be a bit flacky.

I just updated both my D7800's to .47 and have had no real issues with my Telstra FTTN.  In saying this, the original time I had to set it up it was a grooling process...

Message 7 of 18
Mirwouk
Aspirant

I don't think setup of the D7800 is the issue. Using a different computer to setup wouldn't do much. I can access the D7800 via www.routerlogin.net
I did however try using a different modem/router. I plugged in the Optus provided modem/router and getting the same result so possibly it is the connection to the house which stuffed up.
Just is odd that it would coincide exactly with the firmware update to .47 on the D7800.
Message 8 of 18
80njc80
Apprentice

That would be odd.  I did loose my internect connection yesterday for the first time in years.  The system was connected but outside an issue even with a steady white LED displayed.  I reset and all went back to normal...  I was just going to monitor over the coming days to see if it was just teething problems...

Message 9 of 18
Mikeyte
Aspirant

Hi, after upgrading to v1.0.1.47 from v1.0.1.34. when asked for "user name and password" for ip provider, during set-up, the system fails to recogniose the usual BT user name "bthomehub@btbroadband.com" password "bt" it asks me for it 3 times then gives me an error message. After this validation error message appears i select manual setup internet, i notice i am connected to the internet ie all white leds except for the ethernet port my computer is connected to. If i downgrade back to v1.0.1.34. all works fine and after entering bt user name and password the router and computer are connected fine to the internet ie all white leds.

Model: D7000v2|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem RouterD7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 10 of 18
mics87
Aspirant

Okay, I gave the new firmware another go today and it’s working. I have not experienced any issue the whole day.

That is really odd considering that I tried it twice the other day and it wouldn’t establish connection.
Message 11 of 18
Mikeyte
Aspirant

Hi, I too have managed to upgrade to 1.47 after 5 attempts. During my last attempt after entering the bt isp user and password which failed, the adsl led was red so i powered down the router and powered it back on after 10 secs, enterd 198.168.1.1 into google search as the adsl led was white and low and behold the bt entries had been entered and the setup was at the next screen, ie enter new user name and password. The setup completed and is now fine showing the new firmware 1.47 as loaded and working fine.  

Message 12 of 18
xamerin
Aspirant

Hi, are any of you guys with TPG NBN?  I lose internet connection with v1.0.1.47, and the only way to get it back is to downgrade to v1.0.1.44.

Is anybody else having issues with TPG NBN and v1.0.1.47?  I've got a FTTN NBN connection.

Message 13 of 18
gioz
Aspirant

I lose connection every 30 secs, navigation takes minutes. Netgear you have never been a genious in software development, but at least test new firmwire before releasing it. Now please do an update to sove this crap.
Message 14 of 18
Mirwouk
Aspirant

I have since given the Optus supplied modem more of a try. Takes up to 10mins to connect but it does connect and recognised the ADSL cable is plugged in. Nighthawk still refusing to recognise a cable plugged in to VDSL port regardless of firmware version. Seems it has just become a very expensive paper weight.
Message 15 of 18
mics87
Aspirant

Update:

It has suddenly decided to start dropping out the connection again, after working perfectly on .47 for a whole week.

I have now reverted to .44 AGAIN
Message 16 of 18
rjc356
Aspirant

I had the same problem as others have reported. Upgraded to v1.0.1.47 and could no longer connect to my ISP (using FTTN).

Downgraded back to v1.0.1.44 and all working fine again.

Message 17 of 18
gbc55
Tutor

ho avuto la stessa disavventura dei colleghi installando la versione .47

sono tornato alla .44 e il router funzione

pubblicare un firm ware nuovo con dei "bachi" certo non è professionale e mi spinge a pensare che sia arrivato il momento di abbandonare netgear per un brand più serio e affidablie

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 18 of 18
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7