Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk X4S D7800 - multiple problems but Netgear refuses to respond to emails and phone calls

Gremlin71
Aspirant

Nighthawk X4S D7800 - multiple problems but Netgear refuses to respond to emails and phone calls

I have to resort to the community pages as a last ditch effort to get a response from Netgear and some action. So sorry for the long-winded speech.

My original X4S had serious  hardware issues so I was so offered a replacement router. Great! I took the option of Advance Next Day Delivery for $40 and although I paid on a Thursday night I expected the replacement to arrive on Monday. The confirmation email and the phone call that they asked me to make to confirm delivery details all agreed that payment had gone through and I should expect it on Monday. Monday comes no router and the tracking information provided by them shows that the router is sitting in the warehouse.  So I email them and ask why it hasn't left? They will look into and email me back. Tuesday still no email and no router it is still in the warehouse. I email again with no response. Wednesday I email and phone them. They tell me they will phone me back (still waiting for that). Thursday I have had enough, the tracking information still shows as sitting in the warehouse and I am resetting the router every time I need to send an email. I pack up the whole thing and take it to the original seller (who no longer sells this brand) and hope that they have some way of contacting Netgear to get this sorted. Friday I check the tracking information in the morning and still showed the same however at 11am I got a delivery and when I check the information the data had updated. Saturday I went and got the old machine and packaged it up and sent it off. Last time I checked it still had not been receipted at there end. That is two weeks by courier. The part I am annoyed about is paying for a service that I did not get. Next Day was Monday NOT Friday. I believe that I should have a refund for that.

In the meantime this new X4S is giving me just as much headache. I checked with the Genie App and it showed it to be registered then I find out it wasn't fully done. Plus I still can not remote access the router and now it is telling me I don't have network access to the router although I can see it on the system and am using it. My Internet Provider put a Stability Profile on my line and while this is a different issue from the first router I am beginning to hate this thing. I will have at least one great day then continous drop offs requiring rebooting every 5mins to 30mins. Now even my computer is having a hard time finding any Netgear website or the router itself. No problem with anything else mind you.

I have tried contacting Netgear in the past over the missing router, claiming a refund (because they didn't do what they promised in the given time frame). I have had no response so I am left to air my grievances on here. I must state that I found tech support helpful he only issue I find is they forgot when phoning for the appointment that we are ahead of them. But on the flipside customer service is crap. Especially when they don't respond to emails as promised or at all or phone calls.

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Nighthawk X4S D7800 - multiple problems but Netgear refuses to respond to emails and phone calls

Hello Gremlin71

I have sent you a private message.

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Nighthawk X4S D7800 - multiple problems but Netgear refuses to respond to emails and phone calls

Hello Gremlin71

I have sent you a private message.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5

@Gremlin71 wrote:

I have to resort to the community pages as a last ditch effort to get a response from Netgear and some action. So sorry for the long-winded speech.

It can be quicker, and easier, to start here before you throw questions into the formal support channels.

At least do both at the same time.

Unlike the official channels, it seems, the default approach here is not to ask for more money from you.

Cut out the stuff that deals with your travails with support, explain the problems you are having with the hardware and maybe someone will be able to help.

Message 3 of 5
Gremlin71
Aspirant

Well they have finally contacted me. Yes they will refund the money but we want the defective device. I sent it on the 19th November with there own prepaid label and satchel and it hasn't arrived.

How can you work with that?

Message 4 of 5
Gremlin71
Aspirant

Finally resolved the refund. Now for the rest Smiley Frustrated

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7