Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk X4S D7800 setup problems.

barosz85
Aspirant

Nighthawk X4S D7800 setup problems.

Hi.

1. I can't open setup window in my web browser (I tried everything routerlogin.net, routerlogin.com, 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1) - wifi/ethernet. It simply does not want to enter. App NETGEAR Genie wehen i try to login on setup tab "NETGEAR router is not found or not supported. Also make sure the device is not connected to the guset network of the touter, and no IPv6 is eneblated" (ofc i tried last step). 

2. The only way to configure router is use iphone and mozilla browser (even Safari can't open setup site routerlogin.net must type routerlogin.com)... Ofc even this is not so simple https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OzOHE6k6V0. Router on the automatic setting does not detect the connected cable ADSL. Manually it was not easy to. Making able to connect to the Internet for someone who does not have to deal with this for every day is torture. It seems that the only way to get to the router is to use non-browser Flash, because even when you try to use Puffin (iPhone browser flash) the problem was the same as in the windows browser .

It is very strange. I have no idea what I have to do to normally use this router/modem. 

Excuse me for my English

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
barosz85
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk X4S D7800 setup problems.

So...

It seems that after reinstalling windows all problems just gone. Previously modem disconnected even when i use uTorrent and that all crazy stuff hapend. Now even Netgear Genie works fine 🙂

So the only solution was re-install Windows 

View solution in original post

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 7 of 7

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

If this is a new purchase, you can try Netgear's phone support.

On the login, http://10.0.0.1 is another possibility.  If that fails try a factory reset (page 222 here: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/D7800/D7800_UM_15Sep2015.pdf?cid=wmt_netgear_organic )

Message 2 of 7
barosz85
Aspirant

THX fod answer.

I have done what you say but stil can't get to setup site for my pc/laptop. 😕 I hate phone support stuff.

Most strange thing - why i can't enter by ethernet cable?

I will call my friend and we will see. I will let you know later what he say.

I have dor to dor service so maby i just give it back and smart guys will do some thing.

Message 3 of 7

Message 4 of 7
barosz85
Aspirant

I also tried it already. 😞

Message 5 of 7
barosz85
Aspirant

Ok. The problem is on my side. On another laptop is no problem to go to the router login. I think i must fonally reinstall my system... 

I have one more annoying thing to the router but not in this post. When i  relinstall system, and nothing will change then I will be looking for help.

Sorry for the problem 

Message 6 of 7
barosz85
Aspirant

So...

It seems that after reinstalling windows all problems just gone. Previously modem disconnected even when i use uTorrent and that all crazy stuff hapend. Now even Netgear Genie works fine 🙂

So the only solution was re-install Windows 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7