Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk X4S D7800 setup problems.

ALFAROMALE
Follower

Nighthawk X4S D7800 setup problems.

HELP. Ive just bought this router but the ADSL led stays off even though I have it connected  and I get the message no dsl cable connected. There was no adsl cable in the box when i got it (from Amazon)  I have tried various splitters,resets ect but still no led light and I can not connect to the net . Is the ADSL cable special in any way?  Ive spent hours messing with it and am fed up. Im with plusnet and they have checked my settings and say they are correct but say I should contact Netgear as the plusnet router works fine.  Any Ideas or set up guides would be a great help as I dont want to send it back. Regards Alfaromale.

Message 1 of 3
antinode
Guru

Re: Nighthawk X4S D7800 setup problems.

> Is the ADSL cable special in any way?

Generally, no.

> [...] Im with plusnet and they have checked my settings and say they
> are correct [...]

They might be right, but with my weak psychic powers, I can't see the
configuration of the (unspecified) old modem or the new one.

Message 2 of 3

Re: Nighthawk X4S D7800 setup problems.

@ALFAROMALE wrote:

HELP. Ive just bought this router but the ADSL led stays off even though I have it connected  and I get the message no dsl cable connected.

Where are you? (Australia by any chance?)

What version is the firmware on your D7800?

If you have not already done so, a search on this forum might be useful:

For example, they would find these:

Re: D7800 will not detect Dsl cable - NETGEAR Communities

Re: Netgear Nighthawk D7800 - Faulty firmware - .2... - Page 2 - NETGEAR Communities

@ALFAROMALE wrote:

Is the ADSL cable special in any way? 

I have seen messages where the local network seemed to use different cables. Hence the "where are you?" question.

If by Plusnet you mean the UK network, then that's just BT with a different badge on the front.

The plug that Plusnet supplied should feed the Netgear modem/router. Just plug it into the right hole on the router.

There is a manual for the D7800 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>> D7800 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7