Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk X4S Model #D7800 Unable to remote login - prev registered * Plus connection drop outs

Gremlin71
Aspirant

Nighthawk X4S Model #D7800 Unable to remote login - prev registered * Plus connection drop outs

I have a Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model No D7800. Currently the latest firmware is V1.0.1.10. Running on ADSL with Internode.

Now I am hosting the router for my neighbours to log into as we live in a small area. The router originally belonged to one of the other tenants (they were using a providers' router until they lost connection) who bought it but never set it up until about 5 months ago thinking he could use it as a adapter into network. I finally took it off him about a month ago and tried registering it to me so that I can remote login due to the amount of drop out connections that we have so that I can reset it. However I found that it has been registered. I have asked the neighbour but he doesn't remember registering it. I have tried the email address that he had originally (no use sending a request for password change there as he no longer is with that company)

I have the original purchase invoice through the ebay online store (is an actual store) plus the serial number of the unit. I need to register the unit to me.

The other problem is that the router has a habit of losing the internet connection. Not just the WiFi but hard wire as well. I have checked with my provider and they have said I am getting a good signal. Even when I was getting nothing on my end they said I had a good connection. The only way for me to correct the problem was to reset the router by either turning it off or via the Genie App. I have had to do this up to 5 times in one day. There does not seem to be any particular time, weather, or day for this to be happening.

This is why I tried to register the unit so I could reset it while I was away from home. Can someone please try and HELP!!!! Please?

Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Nighthawk X4S Model #D7800 Unable to remote login - prev registered * Plus connection drop outs

Hello Gremlin71 

I Have sent you a PM about this.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7