Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk X4s D7800 drop out issues

Sharniemily
Initiate

Nighthawk X4s D7800 drop out issues

Every night, and morning router is dropping out. I’ve spent 10 months speaking to my ISP and switched to 3 different ones all with the same issue only to be told by all that it’s the router that is the issue. I have replaced router twice same issue. Anyone know how I could fix this? Because recently it dropped out 5 time’s in a row and it’s getting a tad annoying. Only got it 1 year ago, didn’t have problems at first, but then they started a few months in. When it drops out it seems to take forever to pick up a internet IP address and DNS. Usually takes about 30 minutes. Any fix?
Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 3

Re: Nighthawk X4s D7800 drop out issues

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Message 2 of 3
Sharniemily
Initiate

Re: Nighthawk X4s D7800 drop out issues

Ok in the title it legit says what router it is, And what model number... 

It is a router/modem...

It also has the model number put down in the model section underneith the post so. 

and the firmware is V1.0.1.58

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7