Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No Internet Lights On - D7000v2 Nighthawk AC1900

radtech1
Aspirant

No Internet Lights On - D7000v2 Nighthawk AC1900

I have a D7000v2 Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router. The problem is that I will lose connection to the internet, but all lights remain on and white. When I try to log on to routerlogin.com I will get a generic message from the browser that the website is not available. If there is already an instance of routerlogin.com open, then the internet section will turn red and indicate that the internet is not available. This happens at random times of the day, and at random usage levels. The immediate fix is to press the power button on the modem off then on. The problem is that I have to do this two or three times daily. I am updated to firmware version V1.0.0.47_1.0.1 (The most recent as of today) Does a permanent fix exist? If not, can I set the modem to reboot, say, every 6 hours so I don't have to manually do so? Any help would be appreciated.
Message 1 of 4

Re: No Internet Lights On - D7000v2 Nighthawk AC1900

@radtech1 wrote:
I am updated to firmware version V1.0.0.47_1.0.1 (The most recent as of today) Does a permanent fix exist?

Did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash?

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So while it isn't guaranteed to fix problems a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have issues with new firmware.

Message 2 of 4
radtech1
Aspirant

Will the "Factory Reset" cuase me to lose the setting that I had to enter when setting up the Modem? That process took over an hour with a lot of help from ATT. If this information is set back to default, is there any way to print the entire bundle of setting before I reset?

Message 3 of 4

@radtech1 wrote:

Will the "Factory Reset" cuase me to lose the setting that I had to enter when setting up the Modem?

Yes.

@radtech1 wrote:

If this information is set back to default, is there any way to print the entire bundle of setting before I reset?

No, which is a major cause of complaint among users. I use screen grabs to capture key details.

You can backup your settings before you reset and restore them later. But that may just bring back the fault. Then again, at least you will know if the reset fixed the problem.

There is a manual for the D7000v2 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> D7000v2 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

See page 157.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7