Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No Raid 1, Only 2 spares

Retired_Member
Not applicable

No Raid 1, Only 2 spares

We got a ReadyNAS 212 2bay storage for Christmas and we bought two compatible 3TB hard drives. When we were first installing them we recieve an error code saying "Disk: Detected increasing ATA error count: [689] on disk 1 (Internal) [HITACHI HUA723030ALA640, YHJ6WSGD] 77 times in the past 30 days. This condition often indicates an impending failure. Be prepared to replace this disk to maintain data redundancy." while it was syncing. We stopped it and I sent the hard drive back to the manufacturer for a replacement. We inserted the new hard drive and allowed it to sync (it took about 4 days). It just finished and everything says its fine but I have 2 spare drives now and no RAID-1 drive. How do I get it back to a RAID-1 drive and then 1 spare? I'm afraid to factory reset in the event i have to wait 4 days for it to sync again but if i have to I will.ewCaHuFcQyq1xo3Oj6LcRQ.jpg

I am new to this so I'm still figuring it all out, so any help is appreciated thanks!!

Model: RN212|2 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: No Raid 1, Only 2 spares

I figured it out! and I realized i put it in the wrong section.. SORRY!  This is all new to me but I got it worked out.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: No Raid 1, Only 2 spares

I figured it out! and I realized i put it in the wrong section.. SORRY!  This is all new to me but I got it worked out.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7