Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No Remote Access option on Netgear Genie for Winows or Android for DGN2200v3 V1.1.00.25_1.00.25NA

veestr
Follower

No Remote Access option on Netgear Genie for Winows or Android for DGN2200v3 V1.1.00.25_1.00.25NA

1. Loaded Netgear Genie S/W on Windows 10 PC and app on Samsung S7.

2. There is no option for Router Settings for Netgear Genie app I loaded for S7. When I chose the Login button on the app there is no drop down for user names, the entry field for user name only displays "admin" and this field can not be modified. The router password for the "admin" account on the router can be entered but this access is all via the in-home WiFi network not via the internet using a smart device not connected the to in-home WiFi network.

3.There is a option for Router Settings on the S/W version of Netgear Genie for Windows 10 but it too has the same issue of no drop down for user names, only "admin" and logging has the same restrictions listed in statement 2. above.

Do I need to have Remote Management set on for the DGN2200v3, if so what IP address do I input for connecting via the internet using a mobile device such as a ipad, tablet, or smartphone?

Thanks,

Vee

Model: DGN2200v3|Wireless-N 300 Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: No Remote Access option on Netgear Genie for Winows or Android for DGN2200v3 V1.1.00.25_1.00....

Hello veestr

This article may help you out with this.

http://kb.netgear.com/26846/How-do-I-remotely-access-my-NETGEAR-router-from-an-Android-mobile-device...

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7