Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: No Security

G_Pap
Tutor

No Security

Hello,

after the upgrade to 1.0.1.42, I see on my Basic Home Page in Wireless window the message "Warning No Security".

Before upgrade I have no issue. Any ideas ?

No Security

Also, when I disable the Wi-Fi of my Modem/Router with time settings there is no way to turning it on again unless if I use Ethernet.

Please fix this strange behavior, as it was before, simply clicking the Wi-Fi button on the Modem/Router to turn back on.

Thanks !

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
mjpress
Aspirant

I am sure you have found this by now , but the way to fix this seems to be to add a password to the "Guest Network" wifi setup. Even though my  Guest network was disabled  - the warning would not dissapear until I added a password to it.

thanks

Marty

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
inspigr
Aspirant

Hi,

The same happens to me after upgrade.

I hope to find a solution ASAP!!!!

Message 2 of 6
felonious
Aspirant

I've the same issue. Have tried resetting router a couple of times but the warning message still appears. Guess we need an update to update the update Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 6
mjpress
Aspirant

I am sure you have found this by now , but the way to fix this seems to be to add a password to the "Guest Network" wifi setup. Even though my  Guest network was disabled  - the warning would not dissapear until I added a password to it.

thanks

Marty

Message 4 of 6
Bencky
Aspirant

Setting a Password in the guest account (both) solved the no Security showing up on home screen. Now just need Netgear to sort it out

Message 5 of 6
w3wilkes
Prodigy

I hope that Netgear will treat this as a workaround and actually intend to update their firmware to fix this error. The error is NOT actually solved like the thread status would leave you to believe. You should not be required to set a password for a disabled guest network to get rid of the No Security warning error. It would be nice to see that one or more of the Netgear moderators on the boards have seen this and reported the firmware error to engineering.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7