Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: No internet connection with new Netgear N600 DGND3700v2

DPDM_ps4
Initiate

No internet connection with new Netgear N600 DGND3700v2

I just bought this new modem/router, and set it up as per instructions. All lights are green (or blue 5Ghz), but when I tried to open a browser on PC, I cant get a connection. All my wifi devices in the house (I have 6, 2ipads, 2phones, a PS3 and a PS4) connected without hassle (though the speeds go crazy slow sometimes, which never happened on the old stock modem from ISP). I have tried unplugging all cords, doing the 30sec thing then reboot. I have done a factory reset (but I can't believe I even had to on a brand new out of the box one). The only thing not working is my ethernet connection on my PC. 

I put my old modem back on just to check, and that worked straight away. I can't even get a connection to the internet in order to log in to routerlogin.net. In the manual there is an optional installation for fibre internet but our street hasn't got that yet, so I'm still on DSL, and the DGND3700v2 is meant to be a modem and router, so I shouldn't need to buy a separate box just for the ethernet connection to my pc. 

Anyway, could I please ask for some help, at least let me know whether I should return it and try another brand, or that this is a faulty machine so I could swap it and try another brand new machine. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks, Dean

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

DPDM_Ps4

I would contact Netgear support if you just purchased this modem to see if this is a defective unit they can troubleshoot with you and determine if it is or not. If it is it can be replaced with a RMA just make sure you have your proof of purchase.

http://support.netgear.com/general/contact/default.aspx

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

DPDM_Ps4

I would contact Netgear support if you just purchased this modem to see if this is a defective unit they can troubleshoot with you and determine if it is or not. If it is it can be replaced with a RMA just make sure you have your proof of purchase.

http://support.netgear.com/general/contact/default.aspx

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
DPDM_ps4
Initiate

Hi, Darryn, thanks for the comment, I actually ended up ringing netgear last night, and it was confirmed that it was faulty 😛 so I am getting it replaced. Appreciate the attention, cheers, Dean

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7