Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Not getting 1GB Speeds

Scuwap
Aspirant

Not getting 1GB Speeds

hahahaha Well number 1 I guess I should of never bought a modem/router combo not even listed under "models," from Netgear. Long Story short, upgraded last night from Cox's Ultimate 300/30 Internet to Gigablast 1GB/35 upload. And............ speeds are slower on Gigablast than Ultimate. Personally, I think Cox is full of it. They are trying to charge me for tech support, trying to get me to upgrade to there "superior panoramic," router, which sucks btw... However the X4S C7800 was a pretty penny and this thing says it is capable of speeds up to 6GBPS. So with the ultimate internet I was getting an average of 275-290mbps Download / 30-32mbps Upload. Since the upgrade about 24 hours ago, 240-260 download 34-36 upload. I need help. 

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
Scuwap
Aspirant

Re: Not getting 1GB Speeds

BTW... this was purchased in September, so a little over 7 months old...

Message 2 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Did you make sure COX set the coding correct to give that modem the faster speed? Because sometimes when they add stuff to an account they add it to a new modem that does not exist and your old modem stays the same. 

DarrenM

Message 3 of 4
Scuwap
Aspirant

Yes, had multiple technicians out, ran new cables, cut off splitters, still not reaching. We reached a compromise and they took me back down to the ultimate package for my special rate.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7