Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ONGOING CONNECTION ISSUES WITH NIGHTHAWK D7800

Doltz
Aspirant

ONGOING CONNECTION ISSUES WITH NIGHTHAWK D7800

Hi all,

I bought a Nighthawk D7800 last year and it was all working great till 2 months ago where I have been having connection issues where my internet will drop out at the same time every day which is between the hours of 7pm - 9pm. 

I orignally thought this was to do with my ISP but after talking with them and doing tests on their lines it all came back as clear which i didn't believe, till last night when I was talking to a friend of mine who lives in a different town, ISP and he has been experiancing the same issue with his D7800.

I am running the most recent firmware update and the issue hasn't resolved itself. 

Hope someone can help me who have experanced this issue or is this a wide spread firmware issue that Netgear have to resolve?

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Doltz
Aspirant

Re: ONGOING CONNECTION ISSUES WITH NIGHTHAWK D7800

Hi all,

I was able to reolve the issue.

If you are having this issue, it is to do with firmware V1.0.1.47

The way i fixed it was to rollback the firmware to V1.0.1.44 which is what the firmware was a couple of months before i started having issues.

It has been 2 days since the rollback and my internet connection hasn't dropped out once. I hope this helps anyone else that is having this issue.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies

@Doltz wrote:

I bought a Nighthawk D7800 last year and it was all working great till 2 months ago where I have been having connection issues where my internet will drop out at the same time every day which is between the hours of 7pm - 9pm. 

What do you see when this happens? What do the LEDs show? Is it the wifi that goes down or everything?

@Doltz wrote:

I am running the most recent firmware update ...

We only have your word for that.

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

Message 2 of 4
Doltz
Aspirant

Hi,

I am running firmware V1.0.1.47

The wifi doesn’t drop, either does the wired connections. My internet port losses connection and the LED for this port turns off then 5mins it comes back.
Message 3 of 4
Doltz
Aspirant

Hi all,

I was able to reolve the issue.

If you are having this issue, it is to do with firmware V1.0.1.47

The way i fixed it was to rollback the firmware to V1.0.1.44 which is what the firmware was a couple of months before i started having issues.

It has been 2 days since the rollback and my internet connection hasn't dropped out once. I hope this helps anyone else that is having this issue.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7