Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Placement for dgnd3700

theTechman05
Aspirant

Placement for dgnd3700

So I jumped and got this router and found its reasonably big (probably due to its pedestal) and it doesn't fit in with the rest of my network items which all sit flat like my 3300 would be.

The router has indentations in the middle of the back but came with no screws and haven't checked to see what the recommendations of this is in the manual.

Other than placement the 3700 came on with out a hitch minus some new placements of where things are (guest networks are just plainly in the wireless settings) and I haven't tripped over the routing settings.

It did spook me that it looks like this router has 8 wireless ssid's capable(4[2.4] 4[5.4] but I only used the 2 primary's .

So far the only time I saw a red light was when I updated settings and the wireless went red and came back on afterwards (this could go funky if I didn't update settings via wired connection)

I'll update more once I have the 3700 Feng shui'd
Message 1 of 4
Joe_
Apprentice

You've been around a while, so I guess you shouldn't have any problems outside of what Scubbie and others here are experiencing.

I believe IIRC that Scubbie already mentioned in another thread that the router is best placed in it's stand and in an upright position. If for no other reason it would help to dissipate heat better as that could shorten the life of any electronic gadget.

Firmware updates should always be carried out with a wired connection. Furthermore, it is recommend that new firmware should be downloaded to your PC and then flashed to the router. This is safer.

Finally, I liked your terminology. 😉
...Feng shui'd
Message 2 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

[QUOTE]So far the only time I saw a red light was when I updated settings and the wireless went red and came back on afterwards (this could go funky if I didn't update settings via wired connection)/QUOTE]

NEVER EVER IN YOUR LIFE update your firmware via wireless unless you wanting to brick the unit and try to recover with some huddle in some cases.

🙂
Message 3 of 4
theTechman05
Aspirant

You did understand I didn't update over wireless and second that I was standing near by when I noticed it blink and come back up. I assumed the router was refreshing itself when I clicked apply for the settings. Most any of my devices have died of normal wear and tear:p.

In the matter of the pedestal, it is formed all the way around the device with the exception of an indicator of where the bottom piece when on:eek:.

I've seen the warnings of heat and performance, so I'm going to try to keep this router in its recommended position,but I was more trying to see how others who may have had side placed routers dealt with the seemingly forced vertical design.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7