Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Planning on using getflix dns

NetUserRob
Follower

Planning on using getflix dns

Hi I'm planning on getting a netgear d7000 but I want to use GetFlix with it, which is a dns service for streaming international services like Amazon prime to Australia , unfortunately I was told I can't setup this dns on a netgear stock firmware device, I have contacted getflix about this but I am in a hurry for a reply as I would like to buy the device while it is on sale, I thought you might be able to help me as you have good experience with netgear products, this is the getflix site https://getflix.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/202508460-Configuring-Getflix-DNS-Servers-on-your-Rout...

so I was wondering would I need to change the default firmware on my d7000 before typing in the dns?, is that even possible? I was told the stock firmware won't allow getflix dns, please help, and thanks for all your answers.

i should also also mention I am located in Australia and am with Telstra they have given me a username and password for configuring any new modem, the reason I'm not using their provided technicolor modem/router is because it is incompatible with Nintendo products and has poor wifi range, plus I prefer netgear setup.

kind regards

rob 

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
TheEther
Guru

Re: Planning on using getflix dns

That getflix link mentions that the Optus Netgear CG3000 and Telus Netgear CG3100 won't work but that doesn't mean that all Netgear devices won't work.  Whether getflix will work for you depends on two things:

1. Being able to use getflix's DNS servers.  The D7000 supports manual overrides of the DNS server.
  2. Your ISP not blocking getflix.

Message 2 of 3
GLO
Tutor
Tutor

Re: Planning on using getflix dns

Hi NetUserRob,

Did you get Getflix running on your D7000?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7