Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Please Help!! Router not connecting to internet. Only Power is illuminated.

sammy5
Follower

Please Help!! Router not connecting to internet. Only Power is illuminated.

Hi All,

Just to begin my model was not available in the drop-down list so the actual model of my router is:

AC1750 Smart Wifi router, Model R6350.

I just bought this router because my old router began having unstable connection that is causing issues with my remote work. I bought this Netgear model as a replacement but the only icon that is illuminating is the power. I have reset my modem numerous times now, which is a Bell HH2000 - I am on DSL, internet only. I have the new router connected via Ethernet to a LAN port on my modem and the Internet port on the router. I have also reset the router many times but it simply will not connect to the internet. It is only reading that the power is on. I have had no issues with connecting my old router to my modem so I truly am at a loss. 

Please help! I have no idea what else to do. Did I buy a router that is incompatible with my modem? 

Thank you so much in advance.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Please Help!! Router not connecting to internet. Only Power is illuminated.

@sammy5 wrote:

Just to begin my model was not available in the drop-down list so the actual model of my router is:

AC1750 Smart Wifi router, Model R6350.

That can be because you tried posting in the section for DSL modem/routers. The R6350 is a router with its own bolthole. That may also explain why no one has replied to you – not many people hang out here.

@sammy5 wrote:

I have reset my modem numerous times now, which is a Bell HH2000 - I am on DSL, internet only. I have the new router connected via Ethernet to a LAN port on my modem and the Internet port on the router.

At a quick glance, the HH2000 is also a modem/router.

Home Hub 2000 - support, help and troubleshooting from Bell Internet

So you are trying to pile a router on after a router. That can make life complicated and could explain why you aren't getting very far.

Two routers on your network can cause headaches. For example, you can end up with local address problems. Among other things, the other router can misdirect addresses that the Netgear router usually handles, such as routerlogin.net or the usual IP address for a router, 192.168.1.1.

This explains some of the other drawbacks.

What is Double NAT? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Unless you have specific reasons for using two routers – to create two separate networks for example – it is often easier to use just one router and then to set up the second router as a wifi access point. Netgear advises this, as does just about every site you will visit.

It may be possible to put the modem/router into modem only (bridge) mode and then to use the second device as the router.

bell home hub 2000 bridge mode - Google Search

Sometimes it is easier to put the second router into AP mode. But that has its own drawbacks:

Disabled Features on the Router when set to AP Mode | Answer | NETGEAR Support

About this bit:

@sammy5 wrote:

I have also reset the router many times but it simply will not connect to the internet.

I assume that you can still get the modem/router to connect to the Internet.

@sammy5 wrote:

Did I buy a router that is incompatible with my modem? 

Not really. Any router should work with your modem, but you have to work out how to make them play nicely together.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7