Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Porting v3 (NG GENIE) FW on DGND3700v1

LuKePicci1
Aspirant

Re: Porting v3 (NG GENIE) FW on DGND3700v1

I can compile such image without any mod, but since I can't reproduce that I would be happy if you are able to troubleshoot this issue.

All my mods are into /etc/profile see at the end. The original version is into profile_dgnd3700.orig which is also in the same dir. Send me your bootlogs so I can check.

Does anyone else could check if you're also affected?
Please, note that on my device (3800B) the same code works flawlessly.

Let me know as soon as you can.
Message 201 of 217
Buckchoi
Guide

Where/how do I find these bootlogs you speak of?

Perhaps you could try setting my WiFi settings and then reboot?

Message 202 of 217
LuKePicci1
Aspirant

You can find bootlogs in /tmp/var/log/messages and dmseg, just save all in a file and copy it on pc.

Try to change some settings for wifi and see what happens.
May appear as a stupid suggestion, but in some cases may have some influence, have you already updated language table?
Message 203 of 217
Buckchoi
Guide

I did a hard reset, yes the language version is correct.
When the WiFi isn't working, changing WiFi settings and applying will make it work, but upon rebooting or power cycling it isn't working again.
Message 204 of 217
LuKePicci1
Aspirant

I'll do some checks, but if someone else has this issue an explicit confirmation could be very appreciated.
Message 205 of 217
TheBlind
Aspirant

I should be able to do some quick tests this evening, and more extensive tests this weekend; I'll give some feedback as soon as possible!
Message 206 of 217
TheBlind
Aspirant

I confirm the WiFi bug: after rebooting the router, WiFi isn't working even if the LEDs are on, and the web interface says that the Wireless is active. Then, turning it off and on again via the physical button solves the problem; while doing this, the web interface and the LEDs correctly show that the wireless is off, and then on (this time for real). After the procedure, the Wireless is working fine. The only other thing I tested so far is updating tha language tables, which was flawless.
Message 207 of 217
LuKePicci1
Aspirant

Thank you for confirmation. I understand you also did a factory reset.

Could someone send me logs and nvram content? I'd like to check if your wireless config is broken or somewhere different from my own. I checked the source differences from previous release, and only binaries or something minor has changed. In any case I'm in contact with other people that are currently using your same image but for the 3800 and I'm waiting for a feedback on that side.
Message 208 of 217
whitehed
Aspirant

I confirm the wifi bug.
Message 209 of 217
TheBlind
Aspirant

Today for the first time the wireless stopped working even withoud rebooting/power cycling. Same symptoms and same fixing as usual, though: no wireless even if the web interface and the LEDs told otherwise, and turning the wifi off and on again solved the issue. I won't rebbot the router in the hope I can find out what happened.

Given that I am having some issues to telnet to the router, how could I retrieve the logs' and the nvram's content?
Message 210 of 217
TheBlind
Aspirant

Is there any news on the wifi bug issue?

Thank you!

Message 211 of 217
poppyfields
Aspirant

Also looking on any updates here - very interested in developments. 

Message 212 of 217
LuKePicci
Aspirant

Hi everyone!

I've just seen that a new firmware has been released for dgnd3800b, version 3.0.0.22 with some fixes for Win10/Edge so I will surely work on it.

Sadly, I had no luck finding what was wrong with wifi issue on 3.0.0.16, basically I had no confirmation of working condition even on other 3800b devices.

I will compile this new firmware image but I also have to announce that at the moment my device is unused due to my fixed line changed to fiber (FTTH) and my new ISP forced theit own gateway, so I will not test xDSL capabilities in this new image. Let's see if thia new image does not suffers the wifi issue.

Thank you all for your interest in this project.

Message 213 of 217
spyridop
Aspirant

Thanks Luke, waiting here!

Message 214 of 217
richud
Apprentice

Hi,

Does anyone using the genie firmware have issues with 2.4GHz wireless not coming up on boot? (and hitting apply on the gui makes it start working) ?  Just trying to gather some information 🙂

Message 215 of 217
richud
Apprentice

...Well if anyone was interested , wifi bug seems some sort of bug/race condition when 2.4ghz comes up for some people. Easily fixed by just having wlanconfigd get sent a signal on boot.
Message 216 of 217
richud
Apprentice

could anyone who sees this post with a 3800 or 3700v1 with annex B try my firmware and verify it works ok? cheers.
Message 217 of 217
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7