Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problem after firmware update to V1.0.0.61_1.0.1 with upload/download foto/video on whatsapp

Rod58
Tutor

Problem after firmware update to V1.0.0.61_1.0.1 with upload/download foto/video on whatsapp

Hi,

I've successfull update the firmware to V1.0.0.61_1.0.1 (previus was V1.0.0.59_1.0.1).

All seems to be ok, ADSL connection ok, lan connected ok, all wireless connection ok, but after sometime, may be hours or days, I can't anymore download/upload video/foto with whatsapp, while normal chat is still working. I get "Download failed, retry later" or similar errors on every phone connected. 

Computers attached to the router lan ports are connected to the internet and working normally. I use the router wireless only for smartphone, no computers connected.

Then I restart the router via web access(http://192.168.1.1) (advanced tab/restart)  and after some minutes, when restart is complete, It's all working ok, I can again download/upload video/foto with whatsapp .

Please solve this problem, or I've to fallback the firmware update (I hope to be permitted to do) and then not to be confident with all the future updates proposed by NETGEAR Genie .

Thanks,

Diego Rodighiero.

Model: D3600|N600 WiFi Modem Router - 802.11n Dual Band Gigabit
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions

Re: Problem after firmware update to V1.0.0.61_1.0.1 with upload/download foto/video on whatsapp

And have you reset the device to its factory settings?

This is not always needed but it is an obvious first thing to try if you have problems after a firmware flash. Netgear may have made changes that are not compatible with the configuration you have now.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Problem after firmware update to V1.0.0.61_1.0.1 with upload/download foto/video on whatsapp

Hello Rod58

Have you tried to just disconnect and reconnect to the wifi network on the phone rather than having to reboot everything?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6

And have you reset the device to its factory settings?

This is not always needed but it is an obvious first thing to try if you have problems after a firmware flash. Netgear may have made changes that are not compatible with the configuration you have now.

Message 3 of 6
Rod58
Tutor

Hi, michaelkenward and DarrenM,

Tanks for the answers! after some days I was'nt anymore waiting for.

To the first question (DarrenM) the answer is yes, the first thing I made is the disconnect/reconnect the wifi on the phones! thats not worked. then I reconnected the wifi on an other access point I've inside the local network and then this worked! It's only the router wifi that is failing.

To the second question (michaelkenward ) the answer is yes and no! I wil explain why:

When i first apply the firmware update the router after the completion of the update says something like "wait for the restart of the modem", but it was stuck! after many minutes (10 or 20, I didn't remember well many) I reset the modem by power off/on. All was functioning ok but I was not confident that the update was successfully, so I resetted the device to defaul factory setting and then reappllied the firmware update.

This time the modem restarted ok, but I had to restore my modem configuration from a previous backup.

So the anwer is Yes I resetted to factory setting but No because i did it before the last firmware update and the restore configuration.

Tanks again.

Bye.

Message 4 of 6

@Rod58 wrote:
...I had to restore my modem configuration from a previous backup.

This is not advised. The new firmware may include changes that are not compatible with old settings.

If everything works as expected when you restore old settings, fine.

If you have problems when you restore old settings, reset to factory settings and reconfigure manually.

A pain, I know, but the only way to confirm that the old settings are not in conflict with new firmware.

Message 5 of 6
Rod58
Tutor

Hi, I don't know why, after my previous reply, the status is "solved". That's not true, the problem still exist!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7