Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Problem with readyshare on dgnd3700

ninodisco
Aspirant

Problem with readyshare on dgnd3700

I bought this router DGND3700 prejudice that until now has not given me any problems, but I do not know if I can not have is him who gives me problems in the sense that by connecting a USB HDD to the USB port, I recognize it, ok , if I leave no pwd ok, I see everything, if I put the pwd (which should be those of the router) if I access it by ftp or http or https asks me the pwd and put them all is ok, but if I go with explorer in winxp tells me that they are not authorized and pwd does not ask me, ask me w7 while in the pWD, the insert it says it can not correct. What should I do? I'm interested in sharing files over the internet but I must remain accessible from Windows Explorer.

Thanks
Message 1 of 12
Scubbie
Apprentice

Navigate to the 'USB Storage (Advanced Settings)' page and click on the 'Edit' button under the 'Available Network Folders' section.

This will open a new small window where you can confirm that the settings for the drive are set as follows:

Click 'Apply' and all should be fine.
Message 2 of 12
ninodisco
Aspirant

nothing if i set the password on advanced setting when i try to access to my file with windows explorer said not valid passwordon win7, in winXp i not have autorization. with http or ftp i have no problem with the password
Message 3 of 12
Scubbie
Apprentice

The username & password are 'admin' & your router's admin password.

I trust that this is what you have tried.
Message 4 of 12
ninodisco
Aspirant

exactly i put admin and router password but nothing
Message 5 of 12
Scubbie
Apprentice

Hmm... Other than suggesting that somehow it has been given fixed access when you formatted the drive, I am not sure what is happening here. :confused:

Perhaps someone else can suggest something?
Message 6 of 12
ninodisco
Aspirant

when i formatted this hdd i select a normal ntfs partition, in this hdd there are 4 ntfs partition
Message 7 of 12
Scubbie
Apprentice

I wonder if this is the cause of the issue. I have an external drive unit that houses two drives. The 2nd drive is not recognised by this router.

Whilst I can appreciate that you may wish to have 4 partitions, personally I would suggest that you may be better off just having the one partition. If you need to keep the data separate, this keep it in different folders.
Message 8 of 12
ninodisco
Aspirant

I also tried another hdd with a single FAT32 partition, but nothing has changed
Message 9 of 12
Scubbie
Apprentice

I'm not sure what else to suggest at the moment. Perhaps someone else can chip in?
Message 10 of 12
PeterMac83
Aspirant

Hmm I don't have this problem, using pendirve PDP Patriot Rage 32GB, I go to Computer - > Network -> ReadyShare entering login/password from router and no problem.
Message 11 of 12
PeterMac83
Aspirant

I have different problem with OCZ Rally 2 8GB pendrive 🙂 when I coping files it freeze and disapear from router, this happen everytime when I coping files on it, everything is ok with pendrive is 100% good, fresh formated to FAT32.
My other pendrive PDP Patriot Rage 32GB works with any problems.
Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7