Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Problems with Airplay when using D6300 in Bridge mode

stockysan2
Aspirant

Problems with Airplay when using D6300 in Bridge mode

Hi, I'm having loads of problems with Airplay devices conencted to a D6300 in bridge mode, and wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix it. 

My main modem/router/wireless access point  is a D7000. In another room I have several devices that are airplay compatible but not wireless (e.g. a Yamaha receiver) , so I am using the D6300 as in bridge mode in there to connect those devices (conencted to D6300 in bridge mode via ethernet cables) to the wireless network. 

Data is definitely flowing to the devices conencted to the bridge, but when trying to stream audio (or anything) to the airplay devices conencted to it, the airplay devices don't appear. Anyone got any tips?

Model: D6300|Dual Band 11ac ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 4

@stockysan2 wrote:

Hi, I'm having loads of problems with Airplay devices conencted to a D6300 in bridge mode...

What does "bridge mode" mean in this context? The term gets used in various ways. For modem/routers, it usually means "modem only" mode to connect to the Internet.

The manual does not say anything about putting the D6300 into "bridge mode".

Is the D6300 wired to the D7000? In other words, is it running as a as a Wireless Access Point?

Message 2 of 4
stockysan2
Aspirant

I set it up exactly as in here:

https://kb.netgear.com/20831/How-to-set-up-Bridge-mode-on-R6300-R6250-R6200

(except that the one acting as a modem and router is a D7000, and the other one is a D6300 in bridge mode).

So the D6300(working as bridge) is connected only to a few wired devices and to the D7000 by wireless. It is not doing any modem duties, DHCP or NAT etc. Its wireless radio is turned on so that it can connect to the D7000 but it is also not acting as a repeater.

The D7000 is doing modem duties, DHCP, NAT and acting as the wireless access point. 

I am also having the common problem of not being able to access the D6300's management web interface when it is in bridge mode. Any help appreciated. 

Model: D6300|Dual Band 11ac ADSL Modem Router
Message 3 of 4

@stockysan2 wrote:

I set it up exactly as in here:

https://kb.netgear.com/20831/How-to-set-up-Bridge-mode-on-R6300-R6250-R6200

(except that the one acting as a modem and router is a D7000, and the other one is a D6300 in bridge mode).

That is a wireless bridge, also known as wireless repeater mode or Wireless Distribution System (WDS).

Interesting that you got it to work on a modem/router. Manuals do not recognise that mode. Bridge mode there is for IPTV. (That's one reason why it is important to differentiate between the two or three things that get called "bridge mode", especially when talking about modem/routers.) Perhaps a firmware update added it to your modem/router.

My D6400 does not have a setting to allow wireless repeater mode.

@stockysan2 wrote:

I am also having the common problem of not being able to access the D6300's management web interface when it is in bridge mode. Any help appreciated. 

If it has an IP address on your network, then you can try aiming your browser's graphical user interface at that address.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7