Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R700 nighthawlk intermittently disconnecting WIFI

akane135
Follower

R700 nighthawlk intermittently disconnecting WIFI

I have had this new router for several months now, and several times a day the WIFI randomly decides to stop working. I have troubleshooted on line and the only things I have found as a solution is to update the firmware. I have clicked on the check for updates button and it said it's up to date. I am still having issues, please can someone give me another solution to this persistent issue

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: R700 nighthawlk intermittently disconnecting WIFI

@akane135 wrote:

I have had this new router for several months now, and several times a day the WIFI randomly decides to stop working.

What do you see when this happens?

The wifi LEDs go off? The Internet doesn't work? Wifi clients will not connect to the wifi?

@akane135 wrote:

I have troubleshooted on line and the only things I have found as a solution is to update the firmware.

What leads you to that conclusion?

@akane135 wrote:

I have clicked on the check for updates button and it said it's up to date.

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

This is the most reliable way to update firmware:

How do I manually upgrade firmware to my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

That page will also have any software, firmware and drivers for your device, if they exist.

Look for the model number on the label on the device.

Check the section in the manual on updating the firmware.

You may have done that already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear gave up on supplying paper manuals years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

What device are we talking about here? Your subject says R700, which could be one of several things, but your footer says  XR700, which is a radically different  that has nothing mush to do with any "R700" device you might have in  mind.

Whichever device you have, it probably isn;t the "modem/router" covered by this section of the community.

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Cable Modems, Routers and DSL Modems. (This is easily done, given Netgear's complicated community structure.)

Many questions apply to different types of device, so you might get responses here, but you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Nighthawk WiFi Routers 

if you own an R700X or here:

Nighthawk Pro Gaming Routers - NETGEAR Communities

if it is an XR700.

Sorry reply this is so long, it is a result of having incomplete details of what is going on at your end.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7