Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RMA spelling grammer or new device? "dgnd3700-nab"

theTechman05
Aspirant

RMA spelling grammer or new device? "dgnd3700-nab"

I got my tracking info for my rma'd router and it says "dgnd3700-100nab" but I assume it should be "dgnd3700-100nas". It is listed this way on netgear rma site and the shipping sites tracking page.

I mostly get a chuckle how far a typing error went if it is but if it isn't does that mean I'm getting something else. I do note it it heavier then when i shipped it to them as my package was 1.5 Pounds and theirs is 4 pounds(Maybe they're sending misc items that I didn't send back with my device). I wrapped mine securely but properness shouldn't triple the weight.

Go at it if you like or just have a laugh on this matter.

Thanks
Message 1 of 11
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

you know you need take your concern to support directly.
Message 2 of 11
theTechman05
Aspirant

There have been rma's here in this forum so I thought it was o.k to ask. I did add it into the request they keep sending me asking if I got it yet.

I thought it was funny like the improper timestamp thing Netgear did a while back while we waited for firmware version ".17".

Does that mean you don't want to find out what the extra 3 pounds was when I get it back?
Message 3 of 11
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Does that mean you don't want to find out what the extra 3 pounds was when I get it back?

never pay attention to it. what matter is the products that works then weight is my 2cents 🙂
Message 4 of 11
Scubbie
Apprentice

You'll probably find it is simply that they have a shipping contract which places packages into weight groups and the package falls into the 4lb group.

Another influence can be packing material. Some firms use bubble wrap, some scrunched up paper.

P.S. Here in the UK we spell 'grammar' with two a's. Typos are easy to do when you're in a rush.
Message 5 of 11
theTechman05
Aspirant

Re: RMA spelling grammar or new device? "dgnd3700-nab"

Even if I did notice it this forum does not allow edits. Hopefully I didn't miss anything else or I'm going to have to have a talk with Firefox spelling dictionary.
Message 6 of 11
Scubbie
Apprentice

Don't worry, just a friendly joke. 😉

As for not being able to edit posts, this is often a pain. Could the mods ask if the main Admin could allow this on the forum please?

Whilst on the topic, there are lots more features that could be added too, such as a 'Likes' button and a 'Thanks' button. Whilst the button to add to someone's reputation is nice, the other too help to establish specific posts that are useful for other members.
Message 7 of 11
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

edit has been asked but not implemented for years so I say probably not would be a wise answer
Message 8 of 11
theTechman05
Aspirant

I'm more on the thougt that if you and cafe mug can move post why can't basic changes be done if I ask nicely? I'd still like to think we could have the same forum setup as readynas but apparently NetGear hasn't taken that position. Thats my thought.
Message 9 of 11
theTechman05
Aspirant

Re: RMA spelling grammar or new device? "dgnd3700-nab"

Got the router rma, unbenotched was it is a v1. I do note this was slightly nerving since even though I had a connection it failed to use its auto update feature[error -1] and would go to every site but netgear 😛 until I rebooted.

everything else should be but if need be I'll post a newer non taunting post

*I will note for future resets that by default wireless is on and unsecured which is interesting since anyone first stating setup would be better off wired:confused::mad: (yes I'm going to report that as a request;)).
Message 10 of 11
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Some models are actually has predefine encryption as well on router's bottom label. WNDR3400v2 was like that so maybe V2 models are different and in mix model .
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7