Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Random Disconnection with D7000

Shahar31
Initiate

Random Disconnection with D7000

hey there! i have bought the netgear D7000 about  a month ago as a replacement for my ISP's crappy 2.4ghz dlink. at first the modem worked flawlessly, but then i started getting constant disconnection at random intervals, with no internet connection,(via Ethernet and on wifi) however the dsl and internet LED are constant white, furthermore, when i get disconnected, i can't access the router, and have to manually turn off and on the router, which usualy solves the issue(and sometimes not).

when it started 2 weeks ago, i tried everything for a few days, including changing cable, configuring everything from scratch, and the only solution was upgrading the firmware AND resetting to default settings, which gave me peace untill last night, after turning off my PC for the weekend, i returned home to get no internet again, with it returning after i restart the modem, unfortunately i kept getting random Disconnection, this time i thought maybe the PC sends some weird packets to the router, and i used only wifi, which lasted only an hour before disconnecting again.

i had the ISP tech guy here who found no error, and as expected all worked untill after he left.

when using the DLINK router i have no issues.

i read many posts, and couldn't find my soltuion. hoping anyone has a good insight on what could go wrong, or any magic solution. Thanks!

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
antinode
Guru

> [...] D7000 [...]

Hardware version (plain/"v1", "v2")?  Firmware version?

> [...] constant disconnection at random intervals [...]

_Repeated_ disconnection?

> [...] the only solution was upgrading the firmware [...]

"upgrading the firmware" to what?

> [...] when using the DLINK router i have no issues.

That sounds to me like a clue.

Message 2 of 4
Shahar31
Initiate

Hardware version (plain/"v1", "v2")?  Firmware version? 

D7000-100PES

looks like plain

Firmware Version
V1.0.1.66_1.0.1

_Repeated_ disconnection? at random intervals, can be once every 5 minutesm can be once every 3 hours

i'm using the above firmware

ofcourse the dlink is a clue, but i have no intention of using it, i upgraded to the netgear.

so far (fingers crossed) it's been 3 hours since my last disconnection, but i have changed nothing. so i fear for the next drop.

Message 3 of 4
tominwi
Luminary

What other gizmos besides PC do you have & use? I found my v1 was sometimes locking-up at a time of day where I was moving about with my iPhone or iPad.

I turned-off the Beamforming feature, and it's worked for months now. Worth a try?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7