Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyCloud worked until I updated router firmware

crawford69
Aspirant

ReadyCloud worked until I updated router firmware

I have a Netgear D6200-100NAS modem/router.  I set up a ReadyShare Cloud account and installed the ReadyCloud app on my tablet and phone.  I also installed the ReadyShare Cloud software on my computer.  I have an external hard drive connected to the USB port on the router.  I could view the files on the external drive through ReadyShare on the network and through the ReadyCloud app when away from home when connected to the internet.  This all changed when I updated the firmware.  I can still access the files over my home network, but I cannot access the drive with the ReadyCloud app over the internet.  It shows that the router is offline or disconnected.  The firmware is version 1.1.00.17_1.00.17.  This is the latest version of the firmware for my device.  I would appreciate any help to resolve this issue.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello crawford69

As of right now there are only 2 Routers that support Ready Cloud the R7000 and the R6200 so you may want to try and go back to the older firmware if it was working for you somehow.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27323/related/1

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

This is in the wrong forum (it is readyNAS readcloud, not the router version).  It should be reposted somewhere in home networking.

Message 2 of 6
crawford69
Aspirant

My post was moved here by Susan_S

Message 3 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello crawford69

As of right now there are only 2 Routers that support Ready Cloud the R7000 and the R6200 so you may want to try and go back to the older firmware if it was working for you somehow.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27323/related/1

DarrenM

Message 4 of 6
crawford69
Aspirant

Thanks.  I'll try that.

Message 5 of 6
crawford69
Aspirant

It worked.